Examples of using sprocs? - SGI

This is a discussion on Examples of using sprocs? - SGI ; Hi, Could anyone tell me where I can find some documentation on sprocs? Some code examples would be nice. I've searched everywhere on the sgi site without any luck. The only thing I can find is the man pages. Thanks...

  1. Examples of using sprocs?

    Hi,

    Could anyone tell me where I can find some documentation on sprocs?
    Some code examples would be nice. I've searched everywhere on the sgi site
    without any luck. The only thing I can find is the man pages.

    Thanks

  2. Re: Examples of using sprocs?

    In article ,
    Steven Wong wrote:
    >Hi,
    >
    >Could anyone tell me where I can find some documentation on sprocs?
    >Some code examples would be nice. I've searched everywhere on the sgi site
    >without any luck. The only thing I can find is the man pages.

    Hmm. Code examples exemplifying what?
    Simply doing a single sproc (ie, getting started)? Dealing with
    locks (a much bigger topic)?

    The term
    sproc
    is a decent search term in the SGI Tech Pubs Library.
    The document "Topics in IRIX Programming" has sections on sproc(2).
    Start there. Shows up on the first page of search output for me...

    David Anderson

  3. Re: Examples of using sprocs?

    Yeah, I completely forgot about the techpubs website. (I was only
    searching www.sgi.com) Chapter 12 in "Topics in IRIX Programming" was
    just what I was looking for.

    Thanks!!

    > Hmm. Code examples exemplifying what?
    > Simply doing a single sproc (ie, getting started)? Dealing with
    > locks (a much bigger topic)?
    >
    > The term
    > sproc
    > is a decent search term in the SGI Tech Pubs Library.
    > The document "Topics in IRIX Programming" has sections on sproc(2).
    > Start there. Shows up on the first page of search output for me...
    >
    > David Anderson

+ Reply to Thread