Question about SGI product history. - SGI

This is a discussion on Question about SGI product history. - SGI ; Is there a timeline that details when each system was released and what it's "out of the box" specs were? Thanks in advance. -- http://www.delversdungeon.dragonsfoot.org Remove the X's in my email address to respond. "Damn you Silvey, and your endless ...

  1. Question about SGI product history.

    --
    http://www.delversdungeon.dragonsfoot.org
    Remove the X's in my email address to respond.
    "Damn you Silvey, and your endless fortunes." - Stephen Weir
    I hate furries.

  2. Re: Question about SGI product history.

    "Walter Roberson" wrote in message
    > In article <0Ls7b.32294$Mb2.1236492@twister.tampabay.rr.com>,
    > Bill Silvey wrote:
    >> Is there a timeline that details when each system was released and
    >> what it's

    > :"out of the box" specs were?
    >
    > No. Details of the pre-MIPS systems in particular are hard to come by.
    >
    > See also

    http://groups.google.ca/groups?hl=en...24cb4%241%40ca
    nopus.cc.umanitoba.ca

    > and search on "periodic table" with respect to SGI. Ian Mapleson's
    > site probably has some of the periodic tables.

    Actually, I just got off my lazy butt and typed "SGI timeline" into Google
    and voila!:

    http://sgistuff.g-lenerz.de/timeline.html

    Howabout *that*?

    m68k SGIs! Wow, whodathunkit? Well, heck, IBM released an m68k based
    workstation so why not?

    --
    http://www.delversdungeon.dragonsfoot.org
    Remove the X's in my email address to respond.
    "Damn you Silvey, and your endless fortunes." - Stephen Weir
    I hate furries.

  3. Re: Question about SGI product history.

    "David Evans" wrote in message
    > In article ,
    > Bill Silvey wrote:
    >>
    >> m68k SGIs! Wow, whodathunkit?

    > Hardly an unreasonable processor choice for the mid 80s.

    Oh I wasn't really taking a jab at the choice; I probably should've
    mentioned that I had an SGI-CPU driven machine myself (an Amiga500 ;-) ).
    Just a personal joke.

    --
    http://www.delversdungeon.dragonsfoot.org
    Remove the X's in my email address to respond.
    "Damn you Silvey, and your endless fortunes." - Stephen Weir
    I hate furries.

  4. Re: Question about SGI product history.

    Hi!

    > m68k SGIs! Wow, whodathunkit? Well, heck, IBM released an m68k based
    > workstation so why not?

    Look, here is one of them:
    http://obsolete.majix.org/computers/...iris3130.shtml

    Cheers,