Ultra64 Development Board - SGI

This is a discussion on Ultra64 Development Board - SGI ; See: http://www.schrotthal.de/sgi/ultra64/ I got my hands on an Indy with an Ultra64 (ie. Nintendo64) Dev. board (rev 2.0) but the disks on the system have been wiped. Does anyone have any information about the dev software that these systems ran? ...

  1. Ultra64 Development Board

    See: http://www.schrotthal.de/sgi/ultra64/

    I got my hands on an Indy with an Ultra64 (ie. Nintendo64) Dev. board
    (rev 2.0) but the disks on the system have been wiped.

    Does anyone have any information about the dev software that these
    systems ran?

    Does anyone know what the six RJ12 jacks on the back are for? What
    about controller input? Cart writing/reading? Are there additional
    components that go with this board?

    I want to try to put this to some sort of use, any help appreciated.

    Thanks,
    Chris

    --
    #include
    cm007i@hotmail.com

  2. Re: Ultra64 Development Board

    "<<>>" wrote in message news:...
    > See: http://www.schrotthal.de/sgi/ultra64/
    >
    > I got my hands on an Indy with an Ultra64 (ie. Nintendo64) Dev. board
    > (rev 2.0) but the disks on the system have been wiped.
    >
    > Does anyone have any information about the dev software that these
    > systems ran?
    >
    > Does anyone know what the six RJ12 jacks on the back are for? What
    > about controller input? Cart writing/reading? Are there additional
    > components that go with this board?
    >
    > I want to try to put this to some sort of use, any help appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Chris

    http://www.dextrose.com/ is your prime repository for programming N64
    and other Nintendo consoles on the net. They got a couple of
    UNIX-tools as well.

    I've got the official N64 development kit lying around somewhere for
    Windows and Irix (around 200MB iirc). If you're in London I can toast
    you a CD and you can pick it up.

  3. Re: Ultra64 Development Board

    "<<>>" wrote:
    > I got my hands on an Indy with an Ultra64 (ie. Nintendo64) Dev. board
    > (rev 2.0) but the disks on the system have been wiped.

    I have seen that you are selling the guts of that indy in the market
    group. If i were you i wouldn't do so. Maybe the ultra board expects
    a special indy motherboard or PROM version.

    > Does anyone know what the six RJ12 jacks on the back are for? What
    > about controller input?

    To my knowledge the controllers plug into these ports. But i am not
    quite sure as there is another plug that looks more like the original
    N64 one (it's been a while since i sold my purple N64 *snief*).

    > Cart writing/reading? Are there additional
    > components that go with this board?

    You can find about 2GB of N64 ROM data on the net (at least i have seen
    that much) which are rips for all those N64 emulators available. It
    should be simple to include it into the development system. Give me your
    board and i tell you whether it works or not >;-).

    --
    PGP2 Key-ID: 666R/36540865 1997-06-09 Marcus Herbert
    GPG Key-ID: 1024D/2E2DAB44 2000-01-30

+ Reply to Thread