Is there any way to directly modify a directory entry? On one of my
Origin 200 boxes I have some files in the /tmp directory that show up
in the directory listing but "don't exist" so I can't delete them.

It's like this:

mybox # cd tmp
mybox # ls
cr33p cr4p espdb.sock grio.lock
mybox # rm -f cr*
Cannot access ./cr33p: No such file or directory
Cannot access ./cr4p: No such file or directory
mybox # ls -l
Cannot access ./cr33p: No such file or directory
Cannot access ./cr4p: No such file or directory
Srwx------ 1 root sys 0 Jun 2 17:37 espdb.sock
-rw-r--r-- 1 root sys 4 Jun 2 17:37 grio.lock
mybox # unlink cr33p
Cannot access ./cr33p: No such file or directory
maybox # ls
cr33p cr4p espdb.sock grio.lock
mybox #

Obviously those aren't the actual file names but you get the picture.
Any way to get rid of these "files"? This is on an XFS filesystem, if
that makes a difference.