how to shutdown the telnet ftp and rsh in irix 6.5.9 THANKS!!! - SGI

This is a discussion on how to shutdown the telnet ftp and rsh in irix 6.5.9 THANKS!!! - SGI ; Hi Helpers: My SGI O2 workstation has IRIX 6.5.9 installed. But telnet, ftp and rsh are installed defaultly. I do not want this old machine be reached by telnet, ftp and rsh. SSH is only what I need. So anyone ...

  1. how to shutdown the telnet ftp and rsh in irix 6.5.9 THANKS!!!

    Hi Helpers:

    My SGI O2 workstation has IRIX 6.5.9 installed. But telnet, ftp and
    rsh are installed defaultly. I do not want this old machine be reached
    by telnet, ftp and rsh. SSH is only what I need. So anyone can help me
    on how to shutdown telnet, ftp and rsh on this machine.

    THANKS,

    Jessie

  2. Re: how to shutdown the telnet ftp and rsh in irix 6.5.9 THANKS!!!

    In article ,
    Jessie Zhen wrote:
    :My SGI O2 workstation has IRIX 6.5.9 installed. But telnet, ftp and
    :rsh are installed defaultly. I do not want this old machine be reached
    :by telnet, ftp and rsh. SSH is only what I need. So anyone can help me
    n how to shutdown telnet, ftp and rsh on this machine.

    Edit /etc/inetd.conf, comment out the services you don't want,
    and then send a HUP signal to inetd .
    --
    Everyone has a "Good Cause" for which they are prepared to Spam.
    -- Roberson's Law of the Internet

+ Reply to Thread