Desktop disappeared - SGI

This is a discussion on Desktop disappeared - SGI ; Hi, I've just ran into a problem wich I haven't seen for a whle, and can't for the life of me remember how to sort it out. I've just installed some software and all the desktops in all the accounts ...

  1. Desktop disappeared

    Hi,

    I've just ran into a problem wich I haven't seen for a whle, and can't
    for the life of me remember how to sort it out.

    I've just installed some software and all the desktops in all the
    accounts have resorted to a stripped down appearance, akin to the Demos
    account. I'm not sure if it's to do with 4dwm, X11, or the desktop.

    Any help would be gratefully apreciated.

    I'm using Irix 6.5

  2. Re: Desktop disappeared

    version wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I've just ran into a problem wich I haven't seen for a whle, and can't
    > for the life of me remember how to sort it out.
    >
    > I've just installed some software and all the desktops in all the
    > accounts have resorted to a stripped down appearance, akin to the Demos
    > account. I'm not sure if it's to do with 4dwm, X11, or the desktop.
    >
    > Any help would be gratefully apreciated.
    >
    > I'm using Irix 6.5

    I had a similar problem and a guy told me to check this:

    SNIP SNIP

    "....How do I turn on Icons and stuff on the IRIX Desktop?"

    "To have the desktop work with icons

    >chkconfig mediad on
    >chkconfig objectserver on
    >chkconfig desktop on"