Name of the Game - SGI

This is a discussion on Name of the Game - SGI ; I'm trying to remmber the name of a game that was delivered as a demo with IRIX back in the mid 90's. The game layout consisted of a bunch of floating squares flying about at different altitudes. The object of ...

  1. Name of the Game

    I'm trying to remmber the name of a game that was delivered as a demo
    with IRIX back in the mid 90's. The game layout consisted of a bunch
    of floating squares flying about at different altitudes. The object
    of the game was to hop from square to square in order to gain
    altitude. Once you reached a certain height, you would then be taken
    to the next "level" and more squares would appear. I've been trying
    to think of the name of this game, but I just can't remember it. Does
    anyone remember this game?? Seems like it was something like
    "enlighten" or something similar.

  2. Re: Name of the Game

    jwbeaty wrote:
    > I'm trying to remmber the name of a game that was delivered as a demo
    > with IRIX back in the mid 90's. The game layout consisted of a bunch
    > of floating squares flying about at different altitudes. [..]

    The name of the game is TQ (tranquility). The software is still developed but only
    on Windows and Macintosh (and it got $$$-ware): http://www.tqworld.com/

    There is only a COFF binary available, so you need an old IRIX 4 or IRIX 5
    machine to run it :-/.

    rho'Knight of the Phoenix 4th Plane'enie :O)

    --
    PGP2 Key-ID: 666R/36540865 1997-06-09 Marcus Herbert
    GPG Key-ID: 1024D/2E2DAB44 2000-01-30

  3. Re: Name of the Game

    rhoenie@indigo.homeunix.org (Marcus Herbert) wrote in message news:...
    > jwbeaty wrote:
    > > I'm trying to remmber the name of a game that was delivered as a demo
    > > with IRIX back in the mid 90's. The game layout consisted of a bunch
    > > of floating squares flying about at different altitudes. [..]

    > The name of the game is TQ (tranquility). The software is still developed but only
    > on Windows and Macintosh (and it got $$$-ware): http://www.tqworld.com/
    >
    > There is only a COFF binary available, so you need an old IRIX 4 or IRIX 5
    > machine to run it :-/.
    >

    > rho'Knight of the Phoenix 4th Plane'enie :O)

    Thanks! That's It! Tranquility!

  4. Re: Name of the Game

    Marcus Herbert wrote:
    > jwbeaty wrote:
    >> I'm trying to remmber the name of a game that was delivered as a demo
    >> with IRIX back in the mid 90's. The game layout consisted of a bunch
    >> of floating squares flying about at different altitudes. [..]

    > The name of the game is TQ (tranquility). [..] There is only a COFF
    > binary available, so you need an old IRIX 4 or IRIX 5 machine to run
    > it :-/.

    Update:

    The author of the software still got the sources to this ancient game
    and after some tiny modifications the whole thing compiles and runs on
    current IRIX. I asked the author whether he allows to share the binary
    (N32, mips3, 6.5). As soon as i get a positive feedback i will post a
    download link in here.

    Here's a screenshot of it:

    http://www.speicherabzugerzeuger.de/games/tq-2.x.gif

    --
    PGP2 Key-ID: 666R/36540865 1997-06-09 Marcus Herbert
    GPG Key-ID: 1024D/2E2DAB44 2000-01-30
    Geek-Code: GCS b O e+ h

  5. Re: Name of the Game

    http://www.speicherabzugerzeuger.de/...5_mips3.tar.gz

    --
    PGP2 Key-ID: 666R/36540865 1997-06-09 Marcus Herbert
    GPG Key-ID: 1024D/2E2DAB44 2000-01-30
    Geek-Code: GCS b O e+ h

+ Reply to Thread