Make new disk to bootable on Indigo 2 High Impact how ? - SGI

This is a discussion on Make new disk to bootable on Indigo 2 High Impact how ? - SGI ; Hi, Can anyone tel mel how to format a new disk for a Indigo 2 High Impact, with Irix 6.2. It is the second disk. I get the error after insalling Irix 6.2 this disk is not bootable. I have ...

  1. Make new disk to bootable on Indigo 2 High Impact how ?

    Hi,

    Can anyone tel mel how to format a new disk for a Indigo 2 High Impact, with
    Irix 6.2. It is the second disk. I get the error after insalling Irix 6.2
    this disk is not bootable.

    I have use fx, to get the system on it, when thats done and reboot i get the
    error ?

    Thanks

  2. Re: Make new disk to bootable on Indigo 2 High Impact how ?

    In article ,
    Macosx wrote:

    >Can anyone tel mel how to format a new disk for a Indigo 2 High Impact, with
    >Irix 6.2. It is the second disk. I get the error after insalling Irix 6.2
    >this disk is not bootable.

    >I have use fx, to get the system on it, when thats done and reboot i get the
    >error ?

    Did you put sash64 in the volume header?

  3. Re: Make new disk to bootable on Indigo 2 High Impact how ?

    On 26-01-2007 15:43, in article esouh.805723$1T2.696055@pd7urf2no, "Walter
    Roberson" wrote:

    > In article ,
    > Macosx wrote:
    >
    >> Can anyone tel mel how to format a new disk for a Indigo 2 High Impact, with
    >> Irix 6.2. It is the second disk. I get the error after insalling Irix 6.2
    >> this disk is not bootable.

    >> I have use fx, to get the system on it, when thats done and reboot i get the
    >> error ?

    > Did you put sash64 in the volume header?

    I use fx thats all ?
    I' am a totall newby is it posible to sent me the commands i have to type ?

    Thanks ;-)

  4. Re: Make new disk to bootable on Indigo 2 High Impact how ?

    In article ,
    Macosx wrote:
    >On 26-01-2007 15:43, in article esouh.805723$1T2.696055@pd7urf2no, "Walter
    >Roberson" wrote:

    >> Did you put sash64 in the volume header?

    >I use fx thats all ?
    >I' am a totall newby is it posible to sent me the commands i have to type ?

    google groups dvhtool sash64

  5. Re: Make new disk to bootable on Indigo 2 High Impact how ?

    Walter Roberson wrote:
    >In article ,
    >Macosx wrote:
    >>On 26-01-2007 15:43, in article esouh.805723$1T2.696055@pd7urf2no, "Walter
    >>Roberson" wrote:

    >>> Did you put sash64 in the volume header?

    >>I use fx thats all ?
    >>I' am a totall newby is it posible to sent me the commands i have to type ?

    >google groups dvhtool sash64

    .... or read the manual ;-)
    http://techpubs.sgi.com/library/tpl/...2.html#id43185

    Toni