JRE 1.5 for IRIX64? - SGI

This is a discussion on JRE 1.5 for IRIX64? - SGI ; I've searched and have not found the Java JRE 1.5 for IRIX. Does JRE 1.5 exist for IRIX? I also emailed support, but the box is old enough and management will not put it on support just for JRE 1.5 ...

  1. JRE 1.5 for IRIX64?

    I've searched and have not found the Java JRE 1.5 for IRIX.
    Does JRE 1.5 exist for IRIX? I also emailed support, but the
    box is old enough and management will not put it on support
    just for JRE 1.5 and support will not help unless the box has
    a valid support contract.

    Does anyone know if JRE 1.5 exists and where to get it for
    IRIX64?

    This box is a Fuel.

    Mike

  2. Re: JRE 1.5 for IRIX64?

    Mike wrote:
    > I've searched and have not found the Java JRE 1.5 for IRIX.
    > Does JRE 1.5 exist for IRIX? I also emailed support, but the
    > box is old enough and management will not put it on support
    > just for JRE 1.5 and support will not help unless the box has
    > a valid support contract.
    >
    > Does anyone know if JRE 1.5 exists and where to get it for
    > IRIX64?
    >
    > This box is a Fuel.
    >
    > Mike

    AFAIK 1.4.1 is the latest available for IRIX.
    (Please correct me if I´m wrong). Actually,
    there´s a thread about that at nekochan.net...

    Walther

  3. Re: JRE 1.5 for IRIX64?

    Mike wrote: I've searched and have not found the Java JRE 1.5 for IRIX.
    Does JRE 1.5 exist for IRIX? I also emailed support, but the
    box is old enough and management will not put it on support
    just for JRE 1.5 and support will not help unless the box has
    a valid support contract.

    Does anyone know if JRE 1.5 exists and where to get it for
    IRIX64?
      java is going to become a 'regular' opensource app soon.
    i guess then will be some efforts to get it running on irix.
    This box is a Fuel.

    Mike

    --  ah-consulting.net Götz Fischer Senior Consultant Phone: +49(0)7225/98 98 79 Fax:   +49(0)7225/28 64 eMail: g.fischer@ah-consulting.net http://www.ah-consulting.net http://www.ah-webhosting.com

  4. Re: JRE 1.5 for IRIX64?

    goetz fischer wrote:

    > java is going to become a 'regular' opensource app soon.
    > i guess then will be some efforts to get it running on irix.

    Are you planning to adapt and (MIPSpro) compile it yourself?
    Make it available on your fabulous nekoware contribution site?

  5. Re: JRE 1.5 for IRIX64?

    sure, if i get it compiled ... :-)

    Walther Mathieu wrote: goetz fischer wrote:

    > java is going to become a 'regular' opensource app soon.
    > i guess then will be some efforts to get it running on irix.

    Are you planning to adapt and (MIPSpro) compile it yourself?
    Make it available on your fabulous nekoware contribution site?

    --  ah-consulting.net Götz Fischer Senior Consultant Phone: +49(0)7225/98 98 79 Fax:   +49(0)7225/28 64 eMail: g.fischer@ah-consulting.net http://www.ah-consulting.net http://www.ah-webhosting.com

+ Reply to Thread