Re: /etc/init.d/network searched - SGI

This is a discussion on Re: /etc/init.d/network searched - SGI ; Check to see if routed and/or gated are chkconfig'd on. If one has a static route set in /etc/config/static-route.options, then one should not have routed or gated running too. One should have only ONE of the three set or running. ...

  1. Re: /etc/init.d/network searched

    Check to see if routed and/or gated are chkconfig'd on. If one has a
    static route set in /etc/config/static-route.options, then one should not have
    routed or gated running too. One should have only ONE of the three set or
    running. This will probably help the person with the network going down and
    coming backup up when /etc/init.d/network is rerun. For the original poster,
    sorry, I do not have a copy of the IRIX 6.3 /etc/init.d/network file. Good
    luck to you both.

    --

    Brent L. Bates (UNIX Sys. Admin.)
    M.S. 912 Phone757) 865-1400, x204

  2. Re: /etc/init.d/network searched

    Brent L. Bates wrote:
    > Check to see if routed and/or gated are chkconfig'd on. If one has a
    > static route set in /etc/config/static-route.options, then one should not have
    > routed or gated running too. One should have only ONE of the three set or
    > running. This will probably help the person with the network going down and
    > coming backup up when /etc/init.d/network is rerun. For the original poster,
    > sorry, I do not have a copy of the IRIX 6.3 /etc/init.d/network file. Good
    > luck to you both.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Brent L. Bates (UNIX Sys. Admin.)
    > M.S. 912 Phone757) 865-1400, x204
    > NASA Langley Research Center FAX757) 865-8177
    > Hampton, Virginia 23681-0001
    > Email: B.L.BATES@larc.nasa.gov http://www.vigyan.com/~blbates/

    The problem was solved after I make routed and gated off, and here i
    must say thanks to Bates. But I still can't catch up why things like
    that.

+ Reply to Thread