NIC detection problem - SGI

This is a discussion on NIC detection problem - SGI ; Hello, I have a booting error from my Ocnate R10000 double 250MHz. The error messages are no presence pulse from NIC (check for an empty NIC socket) nic_eaddr : Failed to find readable MAC NIC, rc4. I have tried with ...

  1. NIC detection problem

    Hello,

    I have a booting error from my Ocnate R10000 double 250MHz.
    The error messages are

    no presence pulse from NIC
    (check for an empty NIC socket)

    nic_eaddr : Failed to find readable MAC NIC, rc4.

    I have tried with different Dallas DS1982-F5 system ID, iButton battery
    which I pulled out from a working system. ALso I have tried with two
    other iButton battery from dead machines. None of them worked.
    It seems the battery is not the problem. Please help me to fix
    the problem.

    Best regards,
    ---
    Jihun Park

  2. Re: NIC detection problem

    In article <44C9F844.618D17F2@hongik.ac.kr>,
    Jihun Park wrote:
    >Hello,

    >I have a booting error from my Ocnate R10000 double 250MHz.
    >The error messages are

    >no presence pulse from NIC
    >(check for an empty NIC socket)

    >nic_eaddr : Failed to find readable MAC NIC, rc4.

    >I have tried with different Dallas DS1982-F5 system ID, iButton battery
    >which I pulled out from a working system. ALso I have tried with two
    >other iButton battery from dead machines. None of them worked.
    >It seems the battery is not the problem. Please help me to fix
    >the problem.

    The problem is with your network adapter, not the battery module. Put
    the original battery module back in and check your network adapter to
    verify it's connected. If it's a separate card, verify it's seated
    properly.

    Gary

    --
    Gary Heston gheston@hiwaay.net What do you call two SUVs colliding?