gcc sgi.freeware compile error 'storage size of long options' - SGI

This is a discussion on gcc sgi.freeware compile error 'storage size of long options' - SGI ; Hi, I'd like to give nagios sources a try to compile at an Irix 6.5.21 with gcc sgi-freeware because I can't compile with the sgi compiler. I have installed all prerequisites for gcc, bash and nagios but besides a minor ...

  1. gcc sgi.freeware compile error 'storage size of long options'

    Hi,

    I'd like to give nagios sources a try to compile at an Irix 6.5.21 with
    gcc sgi-freeware because I can't compile with the sgi compiler.

    I have installed all prerequisites for gcc, bash and nagios but besides
    a minor gd problem the major problem is that it won't compile v2.5
    neither v.1-cvs. - Configure runs fine with gcc but both stop compiling
    with the same error.

    Google found the problem, too, but no solution, so here is the exact
    error messag:

    nagios.c: 301: error: storage size of `long_options' isn't known
    ** Error code 1 (bu21)
    ** Error code 1 (bu21)

    I am no C programmer, so adjust C related answers, please.
    How can I fix that?

    cu
    Sascha

  2. Re: gcc sgi.freeware compile error 'storage size of long options'

    Sascha Wuestemann schrieb:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'd like to give nagios sources a try to compile at an Irix 6.5.21 with
    > gcc sgi-freeware because I can't compile with the sgi compiler.
    >
    > I have installed all prerequisites for gcc, bash and nagios but besides
    > a minor gd problem the major problem is that it won't compile v2.5
    > neither v.1-cvs. - Configure runs fine with gcc but both stop compiling
    > with the same error.
    >
    > Google found the problem, too, but no solution, so here is the exact
    > error messag:
    >
    > nagios.c: 301: error: storage size of `long_options' isn't known
    > ** Error code 1 (bu21)
    > ** Error code 1 (bu21)

    I cant help here but i remember about some problems when compiling
    nagios-2.0rc2 with mips cc for nekoware. As a general problem there is
    no getopt_long in IRIX and most packages dont check this or comes with a
    proper replacement. From here i can also see some small changes... maybe
    its worth for you to take a look into the relnote file and the patch
    which is includet into the tardist.

    neko_nagios-2.0rc2.tardist
    neko_nagios_plugins-1.4.2.tardist

    KNOWN DEPENDANCIES:
    neko_freetype2.sw.lib 3 maxint
    neko_gd.sw.lib 1 maxint
    neko_libiconv.sw.lib 2 maxint
    neko_libjpeg.sw.lib 2 maxint
    neko_libpng.sw.lib 3 maxint
    neko_zlib.sw.lib 6 maxint
    neko_libtool.sw.lib 2 maxint

    Software runs fine in IRIX.
    http://nagios.irixworld.net/

    regards
    Joerg

    --
    TakeNet GmbH http://www.takenet.de
    97080 Wuerzburg Tel: +49 931 903-2243

  3. Re: gcc sgi.freeware compile error 'storage size of long options'

    Joerg Behrens schrieb:
    > Sascha Wuestemann schrieb:
    >> nagios.c: 301: error: storage size of `long_options' isn't known
    >> ** Error code 1 (bu21)
    >> ** Error code 1 (bu21)

    > I cant help here but i remember about some problems when compiling
    > nagios-2.0rc2 with mips cc for nekoware. As a general problem there is
    > no getopt_long in IRIX and most packages dont check this or comes with a
    > proper replacement. From here i can also see some small changes... maybe
    > its worth for you to take a look into the relnote file and the patch
    > which is includet into the tardist.
    >
    > neko_nagios-2.0rc2.tardist
    > neko_nagios_plugins-1.4.2.tardist
    >

    > KNOWN DEPENDANCIES:
    > neko_freetype2.sw.lib 3 maxint
    > neko_gd.sw.lib 1 maxint
    > neko_libiconv.sw.lib 2 maxint
    > neko_libjpeg.sw.lib 2 maxint
    > neko_libpng.sw.lib 3 maxint
    > neko_zlib.sw.lib 6 maxint
    > neko_libtool.sw.lib 2 maxint
    >

    > Software runs fine in IRIX.
    > http://nagios.irixworld.net/

    Hi Joerg,

    thanks for answering so quickly. New to a deeper look at Irix I wasn't
    aware of neko-software releases. I have found freeware.sgi.com, so far
    and now I am curious about the new source you have pointed out.

    Your posting helps to get a new start, let's see.

    cu
    Sascha

  4. Re: gcc sgi.freeware compile error 'storage size of long options'

    Sascha Wuestemann schrieb:
    [..]
    > thanks for answering so quickly. New to a deeper look at Irix I wasn't
    > aware of neko-software releases. I have found freeware.sgi.com, so far
    > and now I am curious about the new source you have pointed out.
    >
    > Your posting helps to get a new start, let's see.

    http://www.nekochan.net/downloads.php holds the list of the mirrors. A
    fast one is *tudelft.nl one. But before you waste time.... nekoware
    needs IRIX >= 6.5.21 and its MIPS4 only. This means you need a machine
    with r5000 or better CPU.

    Ah.. since a few weeks there is also a (incomplete but growing )mips3
    collection.

    For more information take a look into our forum under
    http://forums.nekochan.net/ .

    regards
    Joerg

    --
    TakeNet GmbH http://www.takenet.de
    97080 Wuerzburg Tel: +49 931 903-2243
    Alfred-Nobel-Straße 20 Fax: +49 931 903-3025

+ Reply to Thread