Compile error... - SGI

This is a discussion on Compile error... - SGI ; Hello, I am trying to compile an application using CC (MIPSpro Compilers: Version 7.4.3m). I use "CC -c -I. -w -g test.cpp" to compile the file. While compiling it gives me the following error: cc-3517 CC: ERROR File = test.h, ...

  1. Compile error...

    Hello,

    I am trying to compile an application using CC (MIPSpro Compilers:
    Version 7.4.3m).

    I use "CC -c -I. -w -g test.cpp" to compile the file.

    While compiling it gives me the following error:

    cc-3517 CC: ERROR File = test.h, Line = 21
    class member designated by a using-declaration must be visible in a
    direct base class

    using test::getService;

    If i use "CC -cfront -c -I. -w -g test.cpp" to compile it compiles fine
    but as the flag "-cfront" will not be supported in future versions, is
    there a way to fix the problem without flag "-cfront"

    Please help.

    Thanks and Regards,

    Zuber

  2. Re: Compile error...

    Zuber wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I am trying to compile an application using CC (MIPSpro Compilers:
    > Version 7.4.3m).
    >
    > I use "CC -c -I. -w -g test.cpp" to compile the file.
    >
    > While compiling it gives me the following error:
    >
    > cc-3517 CC: ERROR File = test.h, Line = 21
    > class member designated by a using-declaration must be visible in a
    > direct base class
    >
    > using test::getService;
    >
    > If i use "CC -cfront -c -I. -w -g test.cpp" to compile it compiles fine
    > but as the flag "-cfront" will not be supported in future versions, is
    > there a way to fix the problem without flag "-cfront"

    Future versions? That might not be a concern at this point. *grumble,
    grumble* *rolls eyes thinking about SGI's running on Intel hardware*

+ Reply to Thread