Changing network settings on a NEC network card on Indigo 2 - SGI

This is a discussion on Changing network settings on a NEC network card on Indigo 2 - SGI ; Help!! I need to change the newtwork settings on my Indigo 2, I know how to change them on the 10 base T but can not seem to work out how to do it on my 100 base t card. ...

  1. Changing network settings on a NEC network card on Indigo 2

    Help!!

    I need to change the newtwork settings on my Indigo 2, I know how to
    change them on the 10 base T but can not seem to work out how to do it
    on my 100 base t card.

    My machine is running Irix 6.2 and it need to change ip, Subnet and
    gateway.

    Thanks

    Gary

  2. Re: Changing network settings on a NEC network card on Indigo 2

    In article ,
    Codeman wrote:
    >I need to change the newtwork settings on my Indigo 2, I know how to
    >change them on the 10 base T but can not seem to work out how to do it
    >on my 100 base t card.

    >My machine is running Irix 6.2 and it need to change ip, Subnet and
    >gateway.

    Which NEC 100 base-T network card is that?

    There were a couple of Phobos GIO based cards, and some
    cards available by going through a convertor from BIT3,
    and my searching seems to indicate that people have a driver hack
    to make 3COM's 3c597 EISA work with the Indigo^2; I do not,
    though, -recall- hearing of any NEC 100 BaseT working with the Indigo^2.

  3. Re: Changing network settings on a 3Com network card on Indigo 2

    OK I was talking about a 3com card my mistake......

    On Wed, 05 Jul 2006 18:30:26 GMT, roberson@hushmail.com (Walter
    Roberson) wrote:

    >In article ,
    >Codeman wrote:
    >>I need to change the newtwork settings on my Indigo 2, I know how to
    >>change them on the 10 base T but can not seem to work out how to do it
    >>on my 100 base t card.

    >>My machine is running Irix 6.2 and it need to change ip, Subnet and
    >>gateway.

    >Which NEC 100 base-T network card is that?
    >
    >There were a couple of Phobos GIO based cards, and some
    >cards available by going through a convertor from BIT3,
    >and my searching seems to indicate that people have a driver hack
    >to make 3COM's 3c597 EISA work with the Indigo^2; I do not,
    >though, -recall- hearing of any NEC 100 BaseT working with the Indigo^2.

  4. Re: Changing network settings on a 3Com network card on Indigo 2

    In article ,
    Codeman wrote:
    >OK I was talking about a 3com card my mistake......

    http://www.futuretech.blinkenlights.nl/fastether.html

+ Reply to Thread