Irix support for SGI hardware - SGI

This is a discussion on Irix support for SGI hardware - SGI ; I know that support for several SGI platforms (Indy, Indigo2, etc.) was dropped post-6.5.22. Has support for other hardware been dropped since 6.5.23? Or will 6.5.29 support every type of machine that was supported under 6.5.23? -- R. Lynn Rardin...

  1. Irix support for SGI hardware

    --

    R. Lynn Rardin

  2. Re: Irix support for SGI hardware

    "R. Lynn Rardin" writes:

    > I know that support for several SGI platforms (Indy, Indigo2, etc.) was
    > dropped post-6.5.22. Has support for other hardware been dropped since
    > 6.5.23? Or will 6.5.29 support every type of machine that was supported
    > under 6.5.23?

    Yes.

  3. Re: Irix support for SGI hardware

    In article ,
    Atro Tossavainen
    wrote:

    > "R. Lynn Rardin" writes:
    >
    > > I know that support for several SGI platforms (Indy, Indigo2,
    > > etc.) was dropped post-6.5.22. Has support for other hardware
    > > been dropped since 6.5.23? Or will 6.5.29 support every type
    > > of machine that was supported under 6.5.23?

    > Yes.

    I'll assume that you're answering the latter question rather than
    the former, meaning that 6.5.23 and 6.5.29 support the very same
    set of SGI hardware. Thanks.

    --

    R. Lynn Rardin

  4. Re: Irix support for SGI hardware

    "R. Lynn Rardin" writes:

    > I'll assume that you're answering the latter question rather than
    > the former, meaning that 6.5.23 and 6.5.29 support the very same
    > set of SGI hardware. Thanks.

    As far as I can see from the 6.5.29 documentation, this is indeed the case.

  5. Re: Irix support for SGI hardware

    In article ,
    Atro Tossavainen
    wrote:

    > "R. Lynn Rardin" writes:
    >
    > > I'll assume that you're answering the latter question rather than
    > > the former, meaning that 6.5.23 and 6.5.29 support the very same
    > > set of SGI hardware. Thanks.

    > As far as I can see from the 6.5.29 documentation, this is indeed
    > the case.

    Excellent. That's basically what I'd concluded, too, based on my
    reading of the 6.5.29 documentation and the lack of any further info
    on Supportfolio. Really appreciate the confirmation, Atro.

    --

    R. Lynn Rardin

+ Reply to Thread