Adding Origin200 running Irix 6.4 to Windows 2003 Server domain - SGI

This is a discussion on Adding Origin200 running Irix 6.4 to Windows 2003 Server domain - SGI ; Hello everyone, For a week now I have been googling how to add my Irix server to my new Windows 2003 Server domain. In the past this has never been an issue when I was running a W2K Server but ...

  1. Adding Origin200 running Irix 6.4 to Windows 2003 Server domain

    Hello everyone,

    For a week now I have been googling how to add my Irix server to my new
    Windows 2003 Server domain. In the past this has never been an issue
    when I was running a W2K Server but I am running into issues now.

    Here is the output.
    irix_server 33# smbpasswd -j mydomain -r PDC -U administrator
    Password:
    Error connecting to PDC - NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED
    Unable to join domain MYDOMAIN.

    Here is the smb.conf file:

    # Samba config file created using SWAT
    # from localhost (127.0.0.1)
    # Date: 2005/02/09 09:43:05

    # Global parameters
    [global]
    workgroup = MYDOMAIN
    security = DOMAIN
    encrypt passwords = Yes
    password server = PDC
    log level = 1
    name resolve order = host
    preferred master = No
    local master = No
    domain master = No
    comment = Samba %v
    print command = echo Printing %s >> /tmp/print.log;
    /usr/samba/bin/sambalp %p %s %U %m

    [OUR_intranet]
    path = /usr/freeware/apache/share/htdocs
    valid users = @admin
    read only = No
    create mask = 0775
    directory mask = 0775
    nt acl support = No

    [Media]
    path = /Media/
    valid users = @admin
    admin users = @admin
    create mask = 0775
    directory mask = 0775

    So ... if you have a suggestion, well I am all ears. Thank you in
    advance.

  2. Re: Adding Origin200 running Irix 6.4 to Windows 2003 Server domain

    "Jeffaramma-ding-dong" writes:

    > For a week now I have been googling how to add my Irix server to my new
    > Windows 2003 Server domain. In the past this has never been an issue
    > when I was running a W2K Server but I am running into issues now.

    Which version of Samba are you running?

    I found that I had to upgrade from Samba 2.2 to 3.something to be able
    to talk to Windows 2003 servers at all.

    > Here is the output.
    > irix_server 33# smbpasswd -j mydomain -r PDC -U administrator
    > Password:
    > Error connecting to PDC - NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED
    > Unable to join domain MYDOMAIN.

    Yup.

  3. Re: Adding Origin200 running Irix 6.4 to Windows 2003 Server domain

    Jeffaramma-ding-dong wrote:

    > For a week now I have been googling how to add my Irix server to my new
    > Windows 2003 Server domain. In the past this has never been an issue
    > when I was running a W2K Server but I am running into issues now.
    >
    > Here is the output.
    > irix_server 33# smbpasswd -j mydomain -r PDC -U administrator
    > Password:
    > Error connecting to PDC - NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED

    Is there a valid machine account in the windows domain for the irix box ?
    Pascal.

+ Reply to Thread