DNS lookups not working after initial setup IRIX - SGI

This is a discussion on DNS lookups not working after initial setup IRIX - SGI ; Hey, I've set up an Irix box yesterday and was kinda lazy so I configured the network with the System manager tool. I have a working connnection, but the hostname resolving does not seem to work, although I've checked /etc/resolv.conf ...

  1. DNS lookups not working after initial setup IRIX

    Hey,

    I've set up an Irix box yesterday and was kinda lazy so I configured the
    network with the System manager tool.

    I have a working connnection, but the hostname resolving does not seem
    to work, although I've checked /etc/resolv.conf and /etc/nsswitch.conf

    Is there somethinf I'm missing here?

    Thanks,

    Wimmy
    --
    Being owned by someone used to be called slavery.
    Now it's called commitment.

  2. Re: DNS lookups not working after initial setup IRIX

    Wim Cossement wrote:
    >Hey,

    >I've set up an Irix box yesterday and was kinda lazy so I configured the
    >network with the System manager tool.

    >I have a working connnection, but the hostname resolving does not seem
    >to work, although I've checked /etc/resolv.conf and /etc/nsswitch.conf

    >Is there somethinf I'm missing here?

    >Thanks,

    '/usr/etc/netstat -r -n'

    shows a default route?

    Toni

  3. Re: DNS lookups not working after initial setup IRIX

    In article ,
    Wim Cossement wrote:

    : Is there somethinf I'm missing here?

    What version of IRIX? I recall 6.5.0 had some troubles with DNS lookups that
    were fixed in later 6.5.x revisions.

    Cheers - Tony 'Nicoya' Mantler

    --
    Tony 'Nicoya' Mantler - Master of Code-fu
    -- nicoya@ubb.ca --*http://www.ubb.ca/ --

  4. Re: DNS lookups not working after initial setup IRIX

    Toni Grass wrote:
    > Wim Cossement wrote:
    >
    >>Hey,

    >>I've set up an Irix box yesterday and was kinda lazy so I configured the
    >>network with the System manager tool.

    >>I have a working connnection, but the hostname resolving does not seem
    >>to work, although I've checked /etc/resolv.conf and /etc/nsswitch.conf

    >>Is there something I'm missing here?

    >>Thanks,

    > '/usr/etc/netstat -r -n'
    >
    > shows a default route?
    >
    > Toni

    Yup, the one I've added during the EZsetup...

    Wim
    --
    Being owned by someone used to be called slavery.
    Now it's called commitment.

  5. Re: DNS lookups not working after initial setup IRIX

    Tony 'Nicoya' Mantler wrote:
    > In article ,
    > Wim Cossement wrote:
    >
    > : Is there somethinf I'm missing here?
    >
    > What version of IRIX? I recall 6.5.0 had some troubles with DNS lookups that
    > were fixed in later 6.5.x revisions.
    >

    > Cheers - Tony 'Nicoya' Mantler

    Well, I've installed 6.5.2 and then upgraded it to 6.5.28.

    I remember having this problem before, maybe I need to start some
    service or so?

    Wimmy

    --
    Being owned by someone used to be called slavery.
    Now it's called commitment.

+ Reply to Thread