Did anyone managed to compile PHP on IRIX? - SGI

This is a discussion on Did anyone managed to compile PHP on IRIX? - SGI ; Hi, I am currently working on an IRIX 6.5 box. I am trying to build PHP 3.4.1, and I have installed the 'freeware' libraries from http://freeware.sgi.com . When running configure, it fails because of the libz library, when testing for ...

  1. Did anyone managed to compile PHP on IRIX?

    Hi,

    I am currently working on an IRIX 6.5 box. I am trying to build PHP
    3.4.1, and I have installed the 'freeware' libraries from
    http://freeware.sgi.com.

    When running configure, it fails because of the libz library, when
    testing for the "png" one. By looking to config.log I see that it is
    trying to make the test program with the obsolete libraries found in
    /usr/lib instead of using /usr/freeware/lib32, as specified by me in
    LDFLAGS and LD_LIBRARY_PATH:

    LDFLAGS='-L/usr/freeware/lib32 -rpath /usr/freeware/lib32'
    LD_LIBRARY_PATH='/usr/freeware/lib32'

    Did any of you run across the same problem?

    Thank you.

  2. Re: Did anyone managed to compile PHP on IRIX?

    Azdo schrieb:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am currently working on an IRIX 6.5 box. I am trying to build PHP
    > 3.4.1, and I have installed the 'freeware' libraries from
    > http://freeware.sgi.com.
    >
    > When running configure, it fails because of the libz library, when
    > testing for the "png" one. By looking to config.log I see that it is
    > trying to make the test program with the obsolete libraries found in
    > /usr/lib instead of using /usr/freeware/lib32, as specified by me in
    > LDFLAGS and LD_LIBRARY_PATH:

    Newer versions of PHP comes with "--with-libdir=lib32|64". But chances
    are high that alot of the configure checked didnt take notice from.

    With the right versions of autoconf and automake you can tweak the
    ext/foobar/config.m4 files and create a new configure by runing
    "./buildconf -force" from the source of the tarball.

    > LDFLAGS='-L/usr/freeware/lib32 -rpath /usr/freeware/lib32'
    > LD_LIBRARY_PATH='/usr/freeware/lib32'
    >
    > Did any of you run across the same problem?

    No because i used the nekoware[1] platform as the base instead the
    outdated freeware/irix libs. Nekoware uses '/lib' for easier living

    > Thank you.

    I have created neko_php-5.1.1.tardist. Maybe you would like to take a
    look. To reduce dependencys most of the PHP Extension comes as an extra
    package like neko_php5-mysql4.tardist

    [1] European mirror
    http:
    http://www.mechanics.citg.tudelft.nl...?path=current/

    ftp: ftp://mech001.citg.tudelft.nl/current

    regards
    Joerg

    --
    TakeNet GmbH Mobil: 0171/60 57 963
    D-97080 Wuerzburg Tel: +49 931 903-2243

  3. Re: Did anyone managed to compile PHP on IRIX?

    Joerg Behrens escribiu:
    > Azdo schrieb:
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > I am currently working on an IRIX 6.5 box. I am trying to build PHP
    > > 3.4.1, and I have installed the 'freeware' libraries from
    > > http://freeware.sgi.com.
    > >
    > > When running configure, it fails because of the libz library, when
    > > testing for the "png" one. By looking to config.log I see that it is
    > > trying to make the test program with the obsolete libraries found in
    > > /usr/lib instead of using /usr/freeware/lib32, as specified by me in
    > > LDFLAGS and LD_LIBRARY_PATH:

    > Newer versions of PHP comes with "--with-libdir=lib32|64". But chances
    > are high that alot of the configure checked didnt take notice from.
    >
    > With the right versions of autoconf and automake you can tweak the
    > ext/foobar/config.m4 files and create a new configure by runing
    > "./buildconf -force" from the source of the tarball.
    >

    > > LDFLAGS='-L/usr/freeware/lib32 -rpath /usr/freeware/lib32'
    > > LD_LIBRARY_PATH='/usr/freeware/lib32'
    > >
    > > Did any of you run across the same problem?

    > No because i used the nekoware[1] platform as the base instead the
    > outdated freeware/irix libs. Nekoware uses '/lib' for easier living
    >

    > > Thank you.
    > >

    > I have created neko_php-5.1.1.tardist. Maybe you would like to take a
    > look. To reduce dependencys most of the PHP Extension comes as an extra
    > package like neko_php5-mysql4.tardist
    >

    > [1] European mirror
    > http:
    > http://www.mechanics.citg.tudelft.nl...?path=current/
    >
    > ftp: ftp://mech001.citg.tudelft.nl/current
    >
    > regards
    > Joerg

    Oh, you are from the neko team! You have saved my day!

    Yes, right after posting the message I found the neko packages and
    installed the problematic libraries: gd, png, jpeg, zlib and freetype2.
    I could then "configure" and later "make". I couldn't install because I
    ran out of time, but I will try tomorrow at work. It seems correct
    however, if I believe what "ldd" says.

    Seems that all the problems were caused because of the outdated
    freeware libs (as you said) and the insane directory tree with those
    lib and lib32 systems.

    Sadly I can't for now use php=>4.3.1 because it would force me to
    upgrade my apache installation, but I'm happy with it anyway.

    Thank you very much.

  4. Re: Did anyone managed to compile PHP on IRIX?

    "Azdo" writes:

    > Sadly I can't for now use php=>4.3.1 because it would force me to
    > upgrade my apache installation, but I'm happy with it anyway.

    Your server will be 0wn3d through security holes in the old version
    and the spammers of the world will thank you for your lack of effort.

  5. Re: Did anyone managed to compile PHP on IRIX?

    LOL, you have conviced me!

+ Reply to Thread