PANIC: init died (why=3, what=0xb) - SGI

This is a discussion on PANIC: init died (why=3, what=0xb) - SGI ; Hello, what does this message eventually mean: PANIC: init died (why = 3, what = 0xb) [Press reset to restart the machine.] ThereŽs a previously cloned IRIX system disk, meant as replacement in an Indigo2 R10k HI gfx, ...but something ...

  1. PANIC: init died (why=3, what=0xb)

    Hello,

    what does this message eventually mean:

    PANIC: init died (why = 3, what = 0xb)
    [Press reset to restart the machine.]

    ThereŽs a previously cloned IRIX system disk,
    meant as replacement in an Indigo2 R10k HI gfx,
    ...but something went wrong. What?

    Any help appreciated!

    TIA

    Walther

  2. Re: PANIC: init died (why=3, what=0xb)

    In article ,
    Walther Mathieu wrote:
    >what does this message eventually mean:

    >PANIC: init died (why = 3, what = 0xb)

    Google.

    http://groups.google.ca/group/comp.s...9e03458919d7d6

  3. Re: PANIC: init died (why=3, what=0xb)

    Walter Roberson wrote:
    > In article ,
    > Walther Mathieu wrote:
    >> what does this message eventually mean:

    >> PANIC: init died (why = 3, what = 0xb)

    > Google.
    >
    > http://groups.google.ca/group/comp.s...9e03458919d7d6

    Thanks a lot!

    I found that one, too - still had no idea how to fix.

    So I fxŽed and mkfsŽed the drive anew, dvhtoolŽed sash
    onto the volume header and then repeated the cloning
    with the "xfsdump -l 0 - / | xfsrestore - ." method.

    This time it worked fine.
    Must have been some fragmented kernel (wildly guessing).
    IŽll forget about this asap...

    Cheers

    Walther

+ Reply to Thread