IRIX Boot - SGI

This is a discussion on IRIX Boot - SGI ; Hi all, I have an SGI O2 but i am unable to boot it. I have this msg : Relocation error: "relocation of a JUMPADDR overflows" Unable to execute pci(0)scsi(0)disk(2)rdisk(0)partition(8)/sash: invalid argument Unable to load bootfile: invalid argument Autoboot failed ...

  1. IRIX Boot

    Hi all,
    I have an SGI O2 but i am unable to boot it. I have this msg :

    Relocation error: "relocation of a JUMPADDR overflows"
    Unable to execute pci(0)scsi(0)disk(2)rdisk(0)partition(8)/sash:
    invalid argument
    Unable to load bootfile: invalid argument
    Autoboot failed
    Unable to continue; press to return to the menu:

    Any idea ?

    Thank you
    Jacques-Daniel

  2. Re: IRIX Boot

    In article <1146145560.808241.200290@v46g2000cwv.googlegroups. com>,
    jd wrote:

    >I have an SGI O2 but i am unable to boot it. I have this msg :

    >Relocation error: "relocation of a JUMPADDR overflows"
    >Unable to execute pci(0)scsi(0)disk(2)rdisk(0)partition(8)/sash:
    >invalid argument
    >Unable to load bootfile: invalid argument
    >Autoboot failed

    My first thought would be that you have the wrong sash for that
    hardware, such as might happen if you changed CPUs or used the
    hard disk from a different system or forced an install of the OS for
    the wrong hardware model

    Did it work before with that exact combination of hardware and
    software?

    Have you tried going back to the installation CD-ROM and booting from
    that?

  3. Re: IRIX Boot

    I saw it booting one time so it is the good sash for that hardware.

    After "investigations", i think that sash is corrumpt so I just want to
    replace it.

    One of my problems, now, is that the OS is IRIX 6.3 and I have only
    IRIX 6.5 CDs, so I don't know if sash versions are compatible.

    Second, I did not find sash on IRIX 6.5 CD.

    I am able to boot on IRIX 6.5 CD and have access to a shell and i am
    able to manipulate headers (dvhtool).
    So, do you know :
    1) If versions of sash of IRIX 6.3 and IRIX 6.5 are compatible ?
    2) Where is sash on CD set ?

    Thank you
    Jacques-Daniel

    PS: Excuse me for writing like a spanish cow (I am french...)

  4. Re: IRIX Boot

    In article <1146158182.749156.129560@j33g2000cwa.googlegroups. com>,
    jd wrote:
    >I saw it booting one time so it is the good sash for that hardware.

    >After "investigations", i think that sash is corrumpt so I just want to
    >replace it.

    >One of my problems, now, is that the OS is IRIX 6.3 and I have only
    >IRIX 6.5 CDs, so I don't know if sash versions are compatible.

    You would be able to boot from the sash on the IRIX 6.5 CD, but I am
    not certain if you would be able to use that sash to boot IRIX 6.3.
    I think it likely that it would work, but I don't know.

    >Second, I did not find sash on IRIX 6.5 CD.

    >2) Where is sash on CD set ?

    Look in the volume header for sash.IP32

    Alternately, on the main partition of the boot CD, look for a
    subdirectory named 'stand' for sash.IP32 .

+ Reply to Thread