compiling environment - SGI

This is a discussion on compiling environment - SGI ; Hello, I'm a quite new sgi user. I used a lot linux in the past and a friend gave me an indy r5000 to play with. I've 6.5.22 IRIX installed on it. I'd like to compile some package (like icecast ...

  1. compiling environment

    Hello,
    I'm a quite new sgi user. I used a lot linux in the past and a friend
    gave me an indy r5000 to play with. I've 6.5.22 IRIX installed on it.
    I'd like to compile some package (like icecast which I've done
    successfully on my linux box).
    Icecast actually isn't supported on IRIX? is it possible to install it
    anyway?
    Which path do you suggest me in terms of packages to install? Do I need
    anything particular?
    I've the SGI Freeware disc set and also a 4 CD Nekoware cdset.

    Do I have to set up anything for compatibility? icecast also needs
    these packages:

    libxml2
    libogg
    libvorbis
    curl
    libxslt

    regards,

  2. Re: compiling environment

    chsedge schrieb:
    > Hello,
    > I'm a quite new sgi user. I used a lot linux in the past and a friend
    > gave me an indy r5000 to play with. I've 6.5.22 IRIX installed on it.
    > I'd like to compile some package (like icecast which I've done
    > successfully on my linux box).
    > Icecast actually isn't supported on IRIX? is it possible to install it
    > anyway?
    > Which path do you suggest me in terms of packages to install? Do I need
    > anything particular?
    > I've the SGI Freeware disc set and also a 4 CD Nekoware cdset.
    >
    > Do I have to set up anything for compatibility? icecast also needs
    > these packages:
    >
    > libxml2
    > libogg
    > libvorbis
    > curl
    > libxslt
    >
    > regards,

    Take a look to the nekoware distribution. Its a bunch of packages
    compiled for IRIX machines with mips4. Your indy supports it and you
    already have the right IRIX release installed.

    http://www.nekochan.net/downloads.php
    One of the faster mirrors is ftp://mech001.citg.tudelft.nl/current/

    Somewhere we have a webbased dependencytracker .... but i cant remember
    to the URL :|

    You need also:
    neko_curl.sw.lib 3 maxint
    neko_libiconv.sw.lib 2 maxint
    neko_libidn.sw.lib 1 maxint
    neko_libogg.sw.lib 1 maxint
    neko_libtheora.sw.lib 1 maxint
    neko_libvorbis.sw.lib 1 maxint
    neko_libxml2.sw.lib 4 maxint
    neko_libxslt.sw.lib 1 maxint
    neko_openssl.sw.lib 5 maxint
    neko_zlib.sw.lib 6 maxint

    and
    neko_libshout, neko_ices2

    Please let me know if icecast is working.

    regards
    Joerg

    --
    TakeNet GmbH Mobil: 0171/60 57 963
    D-97080 Wuerzburg Tel: +49 931 903-2243

  3. Re: compiling environment

    Joerg Behrens wrote:

    > Please let me know if icecast is working.
    >
    > regards
    > Joerg

    I'll do. Thanks for the advices

    Marco