split-plane fibre setup question. - SGI

This is a discussion on split-plane fibre setup question. - SGI ; Is there something special that needs to be done in order to get split-plane fibre config to work? I've got dual FCAL XIO cards in my origin 2000 connected up to dual controller fiber JBOD and I'd like to split ...

  1. split-plane fibre setup question.

    Is there something special that needs to be done in order to get
    split-plane fibre config
    to work?

    I've got dual FCAL XIO cards in my origin 2000 connected up to dual
    controller
    fiber JBOD and I'd like to split the 10 disks between the two
    controllers.
    Five disks to one and five disks to another controller.
    The disks show up just fine in hinv, I see all 10 disks on both
    controllers.
    I'm able to fx them from either controller, but when I attempt a mkfs
    a disk or xlv_make created disk group I get an IO error on either
    controller.

    Do I need some extra package? or config?

    thanks.

  2. Re: split-plane fibre setup question.

    Added info, the disks work fine when only one of the controllers is
    connected to
    the JBOD. I'm able to do normal functions, fx, mkfs, mount, etc etc.

  3. Re: split-plane fibre setup question.

    Le Sun, 16 Apr 2006 15:55:35 -0700, njk3rd a écrit*:

    > Is there something special that needs to be done in order to get
    > split-plane fibre config
    > to work?

    It depends entirely upon the JBOD. Many JBOD have 2 FC ports, but these
    are actually redundant ports, they aren't usable together.

    --
    A thing of beauty is a joy forever.
    J. Keats.

    Ah! Singe débotté, hisse un jouet fort et vert!
    Marcel Bénabou.

+ Reply to Thread