install media backup - SGI

This is a discussion on install media backup - SGI ; After watching, reading, and search, I finally found an E A S Y way to duplicate your install media without jumping through hoops.... A PeeCee actually does have a purpose in life. SlySoft's CloneCD WILL copy these EFS disks bit ...

  1. install media backup

    After watching, reading, and search, I finally found an E A S Y way to
    duplicate your install media
    without jumping through hoops....

    A PeeCee actually does have a purpose in life. SlySoft's CloneCD
    WILL copy these EFS disks
    bit by bit, block by block. Just copy them as a protected game CD and
    they are read by a GCR
    nibbler that will NOT look at the format, but will just copy what is on
    the disk, and write it to either
    disk, or .ISO file. All at close to the top speed of the CDRom drive.

    Give it a try....it's no brainer software.......and it works WELL

    A 30 day fully functioning demo can be found at:
    http://www.slysoft.com/en/clonecd.html

    Let me know how you fair

    Steve

  2. Re: install media backup

    In article <1144959077.303208.267550@v46g2000cwv.googlegroups. com>,
    "raptorcomputer@hotmail.com" wrote:

    : After watching, reading, and search, I finally found an E A S Y way to
    : duplicate your install media
    : without jumping through hoops....

    Since when is it complicated? IRIX install CDs are just a regular CD data track,
    nothing special. Any program that doesn't try to get fancy with interpreting the
    content of the data track will copy IRIX install CDs just fine.

    dd if=/dev/cdrom | cdrecord -

    Cheers - Tony 'Nicoya' Mantler

    --
    Tony 'Nicoya' Mantler - Master of Code-fu
    -- nicoya@ubb.ca --*http://www.ubb.ca/ --

+ Reply to Thread