1600SW and O2 problem - SGI

This is a discussion on 1600SW and O2 problem - SGI ; Hi. I've got a SGI 1600 SW TFT monitor and I want to connect it to an O2 with IRIX 6.5. The monitor was first installed at a Windows system. After connecting it to the O2 video port I'm unable ...

  1. 1600SW and O2 problem

    Hi.

    I've got a SGI 1600 SW TFT monitor and I want to connect it to an O2 with
    IRIX 6.5. The monitor was first installed at a Windows system. After
    connecting it to the O2 video port I'm unable to get anything on the
    screen. The monitor's status LED blinks (=standby). The picture at the VGA
    port on a second monitor is okay.

    Do I need a special driver to setup this monitor? Where can I get them?
    Do I have to use a certain screen resolution?
    Or is there a command I first have to issue to get a picture at this port?
    Maybe I need a special adapter?

    Hope someone can answer my questions.

    Thanks in advance.

    Regards, Gerrit

  2. Re: 1600SW and O2 problem

    "Gerrit M. Albrecht" writes:

    > Do I need a special driver to setup this monitor? Where can I get them?
    > Do I have to use a certain screen resolution?
    > Or is there a command I first have to issue to get a picture at this port?
    > Maybe I need a special adapter?

    You need a special adapter.

    http://docs.sgi.com/library/tpl/cgi-...tml/front.html

  3. Re: 1600SW and O2 problem