Asterisk PBX on SGI Indy? - SGI

This is a discussion on Asterisk PBX on SGI Indy? - SGI ; Hi folks, anyone ever tried to set up an Asterisk PBX on a SGI Indy? The onboard chip should be able to get switched into NT mode, however, it isn't HFC. I just installed the software via pkgsrc (NetBSD), and ...

  1. Asterisk PBX on SGI Indy?

    Hi folks,

    anyone ever tried to set up an Asterisk PBX on a SGI Indy?
    The onboard chip should be able to get switched into NT mode,
    however, it isn't HFC.

    I just installed the software via pkgsrc (NetBSD), and it
    runs fine; I also can connect via phone software, but a
    setup with 'real' phones gets no dial tone (but works fine on
    a PC with HFC card).

    Now I'm a little confused, and the docs are predominantly bad.
    Has anyone further information about the Indy's ISDN?

    Marianne
    --
    BOFH excuse #164:
    root rot

  2. Re: Asterisk PBX on SGI Indy?

    On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 11:14:01 +0000 (UTC), Marianne Spiller
    wrote:

    >Hi folks,
    >
    >anyone ever tried to set up an Asterisk PBX on a SGI Indy?
    >The onboard chip should be able to get switched into NT mode,
    >however, it isn't HFC.
    >
    >I just installed the software via pkgsrc (NetBSD), and it
    >runs fine; I also can connect via phone software, but a
    >setup with 'real' phones gets no dial tone (but works fine on
    >a PC with HFC card).
    >
    >Now I'm a little confused, and the docs are predominantly bad.
    >Has anyone further information about the Indy's ISDN?

    I don't know anything beyond the fact that it requires an outboard
    NT-1 in order to connect to an ISDN line. I.e. the Indy's ISDN
    connector doesn't go to the wall-socket; it goes to an NT-1, and the
    NT-1 connect to the telco's ISDN line.

    Whether this affects your use, I don't know, but if the "HFC card" can
    connect directly to whatever you're using, and has a built-in NT-1
    (much ISDN equipment does), it's not the same as the ISDN hardware on
    the Indy.

    -Shel

+ Reply to Thread