sgi video - SGI

This is a discussion on sgi video - SGI ; Hi there, I've donwloaded some sgi videos in .mv format. And I need to convert them to avi or mpg so I can play them in a XP box. Does anybody know of some conversion utility that can do that? ...

  1. sgi video

    Hi there,

    I've donwloaded some sgi videos in .mv format. And I need to convert
    them to avi or mpg so I can play them in a XP box. Does anybody know of
    some conversion utility that can do that?

    Cheers,
    Martin.

  2. Re: sgi video

    Martin Tosas wrote:
    > I've donwloaded some sgi videos in .mv format. And I need to convert
    > them to avi or mpg so I can play them in a XP box. Does anybody know of
    > some conversion utility that can do that?

    Maybe mediaconvert ? Never used it, but Google is my friend. I assume
    you downloaded them to a SGI box since you asked on this group.

  3. Re: sgi video

    Thanks for the suggestion.
    No, actually I download them in a XP box, and I want to see what's in
    them, but I don't have access to an SGI. I ask here because in other
    forums people don't know this SGI video format.

    Timothy Larson wrote:
    > Martin Tosas wrote:
    >
    >> I've donwloaded some sgi videos in .mv format. And I need to convert
    >> them to avi or mpg so I can play them in a XP box. Does anybody know
    >> of some conversion utility that can do that?

    > Maybe mediaconvert ? Never used it, but Google is my friend. I assume
    > you downloaded them to a SGI box since you asked on this group.

  4. Re: sgi video

    Quicktime Pro?

    "Martin Tosas" wrote in message news:e0fb4d$1he$1@oyez.ccc.nottingham.ac.uk...
    > Thanks for the suggestion.
    > No, actually I download them in a XP box, and I want to see what's in
    > them, but I don't have access to an SGI. I ask here because in other
    > forums people don't know this SGI video format.
    >
    > Timothy Larson wrote:
    >> Martin Tosas wrote:
    >>
    >>> I've donwloaded some sgi videos in .mv format. And I need to convert
    >>> them to avi or mpg so I can play them in a XP box. Does anybody know
    >>> of some conversion utility that can do that?

    >> Maybe mediaconvert ? Never used it, but Google is my friend. I assume
    >> you downloaded them to a SGI box since you asked on this group.

+ Reply to Thread