upgrading irix 6.5.11 to 6.5.22 - SGI

This is a discussion on upgrading irix 6.5.11 to 6.5.22 - SGI ; hi, I've got an Indy running irix 6.5.11. I downloaded overlays 6.5.22 from supportfolio's SGI website, but these are on tar.gz format ! So I would know if it exists a procedure to create bootable IRIX 6.5.22 overlays bootable isos ...

  1. upgrading irix 6.5.11 to 6.5.22

    hi,

    I've got an Indy running irix 6.5.11. I downloaded overlays 6.5.22 from
    supportfolio's SGI website, but these are on tar.gz format ! So I would
    know if it exists a procedure to create bootable IRIX 6.5.22 overlays
    bootable isos from these archives ?
    I precise I'm a newbie SGI user (I got my Indy since 3 weeks only...)

    Regards,

    --
    Rico

  2. Re: upgrading irix 6.5.11 to 6.5.22

    Eric Belhomme schrieb:

    Is your Name Rico or Eric?

    > hi,
    >
    > I've got an Indy running irix 6.5.11. I downloaded overlays 6.5.22 from
    > supportfolio's SGI website, but these are on tar.gz format ! So I would
    > know if it exists a procedure to create bootable IRIX 6.5.22 overlays
    > bootable isos from these archives ?

    No, because certain files are missing. Also only a few ppl knows how to
    create a bootable EFS CD.

    The downloadable Overlays are only for upgrading an livesystem.

    > I precise I'm a newbie SGI user (I got my Indy since 3 weeks only...)

    Keep in mind that you have to installed patch 5086 first before starting
    with .22.

    regards
    Joerg

  3. Re: upgrading irix 6.5.11 to 6.5.22

    Joerg Behrens wrote in news:48q256Fkvv1rU1
    @individual.net:

    > Is your Name Rico or Eric?

    I'm Eric, but my nick is Rico

    > No, because certain files are missing. Also only a few ppl knows how to
    > create a bootable EFS CD.
    >
    > Keep in mind that you have to installed patch 5086 first before starting
    > with .22.

    thanks, I applied it

    regards,

    --