Reinstalling OS due to CPU upgrade - do I need 6.5.22m files also? - SGI

This is a discussion on Reinstalling OS due to CPU upgrade - do I need 6.5.22m files also? - SGI ; Over the weekend I upgraded an R4600/133MHz Indy running 6.5.22m to an R5000/150MHz. All seems to have gone well, and the only thing remaining is to reinstall the OS. From an archived message I see that i need to run ...

  1. Reinstalling OS due to CPU upgrade - do I need 6.5.22m files also?

    Over the weekend I upgraded an R4600/133MHz Indy running 6.5.22m to an
    R5000/150MHz. All seems to have gone well, and the only thing remaining
    is to reinstall the OS.

    From an archived message I see that i need to run keep */install
    fresh/conflicts/go

    I do have the original OS CDs, but I don't have the 6.5.22m image...will
    that be needed during the upgrade? I'll have to download that
    again...thanks.

    --
    Himanshu

  2. Re: Reinstalling OS due to CPU upgrade - do I need 6.5.22m files also?

    In article <1QIVf.1341$Q9.73@trndny07>,
    Himanshu wrote:
    >Over the weekend I upgraded an R4600/133MHz Indy running 6.5.22m to an
    >R5000/150MHz.

    >I do have the original OS CDs, but I don't have the 6.5.22m image...will
    >that be needed during the upgrade?

    Yes, some of the processor-specific files are affected by the
    overlays.

+ Reply to Thread