O2 as ftp server? - SGI

This is a discussion on O2 as ftp server? - SGI ; I managed to setup my first FTP server on my o2 but when i try to connect with pc i get message: "530 user root acess denied" even if before that i get message that im connected to silicon. I ...

  1. O2 as ftp server?

    I managed to setup my first FTP server on my o2
    but when i try to connect with pc i get message:
    "530 user root acess denied"
    even if before that i get message that im connected
    to silicon. I did setup aliases and all that stuff
    with permissions. but still wont connect.

    Got any clue?

  2. Re: O2 as ftp server?

    Le Sun, 19 Mar 2006 21:49:56 +0000, DarMar a écrit*:

    > I managed to setup my first FTP server on my o2 but when i try to connect
    > with pc i get message: "530 user root acess denied"

    root access via ftp is disabled, and this is a HELLUVA GOOD THING. Don't
    use root account without an extremely good reason... Create a user account
    for ftp (password protected) and use this one instead.

    --
    Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur

  3. Re: O2 as ftp server?

    Emmanuel Florac wrote:
    > Le Sun, 19 Mar 2006 21:49:56 +0000, DarMar a écrit :
    >

    >>I managed to setup my first FTP server on my o2 but when i try to connect
    >>with pc i get message: "530 user root acess denied"

    > root access via ftp is disabled, and this is a HELLUVA GOOD THING. Don't
    > use root account without an extremely good reason... Create a user account
    > for ftp (password protected) and use this one instead.

    Well i did it and it works
    Thanx for the tip

+ Reply to Thread