Sgi O2 - USB via chipset PCI card upgrade? - SGI

This is a discussion on Sgi O2 - USB via chipset PCI card upgrade? - SGI ; Can i make that work? I recently buyed PCI usb 2.0 VIA chipset card Can i use that card on my SGI o2 r13000 - IRIX 6.5.25?...

  1. Sgi O2 - USB via chipset PCI card upgrade?

    Can i make that work?
    I recently buyed PCI usb 2.0 VIA chipset card
    Can i use that card on my SGI o2 r13000 - IRIX 6.5.25?

  2. Re: Sgi O2 - USB via chipset PCI card upgrade?

    In article ,
    DarMar wrote:
    >Can i make that work?
    >I recently buyed PCI usb 2.0 VIA chipset card
    >Can i use that card on my SGI o2 r13000 - IRIX 6.5.25?

    Yes, but you probably don't want to go through the bother of
    getting together all the of the development suite and
    documentation needed to write the drivers.

    Remember, in IRIX, there are only a *very* small number of supported
    devices.

  3. Re: Sgi O2 - USB via chipset PCI card upgrade?

    Walter Roberson wrote:
    > In article ,
    > DarMar wrote:
    >
    >>Can i make that work?
    >>I recently buyed PCI usb 2.0 VIA chipset card
    >>Can i use that card on my SGI o2 r13000 - IRIX 6.5.25?

    > Yes, but you probably don't want to go through the bother of
    > getting together all the of the development suite and
    > documentation needed to write the drivers.
    >
    > Remember, in IRIX, there are only a *very* small number of supported
    > devices.

    Ok, for a bit i feel little easier - there is hope...
    I live in Croatia, so here is almoust imposible to find some scsi
    device. USB is my only chance to connect some external device, CD/RW or
    external HDD so i can backup my data.
    I tried to search on e-bay, but unfortunately we dont have
    even paypal...
    I have lots of development suites...
    So if you have any tip where i can get started i would be very grateful.

  4. Re: Sgi O2 - USB via chipset PCI card upgrade?

    DarMar writes:

    > I live in Croatia, so here is almoust imposible to find some scsi
    > device. USB is my only chance to connect some external device, CD/RW or
    > external HDD so i can backup my data.

    IDE-SCSI adapters do exist so you will be able to connect an IDE CD-RW.

  5. Re: Sgi O2 - USB via chipset PCI card upgrade?

    Atro Tossavainen wrote:
    > DarMar writes:
    >

    >>I live in Croatia, so here is almoust imposible to find some scsi
    >>device. USB is my only chance to connect some external device, CD/RW or
    >>external HDD so i can backup my data.

    > IDE-SCSI adapters do exist so you will be able to connect an IDE CD-RW.

    BIG THANX
    I must try that.

+ Reply to Thread