obtaining software - SGI

This is a discussion on obtaining software - SGI ; after recently receiving a couple indys, and an indigo2, (sgi newbie of course), I'm hooked on irix. all 3 of these machines have 5.3 installed on them, unfortunatly, it's pretty dated. I've tried the linux distros, but as usual, not ...

  1. obtaining software

    after recently receiving a couple indys, and an indigo2, (sgi newbie of
    course), I'm hooked on irix.

    all 3 of these machines have 5.3 installed on them, unfortunatly, it's
    pretty dated. I've tried the

    linux distros, but as usual, not happy with them. After searching for
    days and days, I give up...

    Can someone please help as to giving me an idea of where to look for
    installs of irix 6.2 or 6.5?

    I'm VERY impressed with 5.3, but the software is drying up for it.....

    ANY help greatly apreciated.......

    Steve
    (the ultimate irix newbie)

  2. Re: obtaining software

    raptorcomputer@hotmail.com wrote:
    > after recently receiving a couple indys, and an indigo2, (sgi newbie of
    > course), I'm hooked on irix.

    Indigo2 with R10k or R4400?

    > all 3 of these machines have 5.3 installed on them, unfortunatly, it's
    > pretty dated. I've tried the

    > linux distros, but as usual, not happy with them. After searching for
    > days and days, I give up...

    You may also try NetBSD for Indy and Indigo2 with R4x00

    > Can someone please help as to giving me an idea of where to look for
    > installs of irix 6.2 or 6.5?

    what about ePay...?

    > I'm VERY impressed with 5.3, but the software is drying up for it.....

    5.3 is a little bit ancient although it is definitely faster as 6.5 (and
    needs less resources) on Indy

    > ANY help greatly apreciated.......

    HTH

    Toni

  3. Re: obtaining software

    4400.......not lucky enough to be a 10000....

    been looking on ePay...nothing there.....I've bought a few item from
    SGI dealers on there
    and their sources have all dried up also

  4. Re: obtaining software

    raptorcomputer@hotmail.com wrote:
    > 4400.......not lucky enough to be a 10000....

    > been looking on ePay...nothing there.....I've bought a few item from
    > SGI dealers on there
    > and their sources have all dried up also

    Hm, there's something in Germany:

    http://cgi.ebay.de/SGI-IRIX-6-5-13-C...QQcmdZViewItem

    Toni

+ Reply to Thread