no access to Internet - SGI

This is a discussion on no access to Internet - SGI ; Hello! I got an Octane on an private network (192.168.0.x) with a DSL Router (192.168.0.1) for Internet connection and dhcp. My Problem is that the Windows, Linux and Unix PCs and access the internet except the Octane. I alway get ...

  1. no access to Internet

    Hello!

    I got an Octane on an private network (192.168.0.x) with a DSL Router
    (192.168.0.1) for Internet connection and dhcp.

    My Problem is that the Windows, Linux and Unix PCs and access the
    internet except the Octane. I alway get an error with the netscape,
    that the communicator can not resolve the domain name.

    How must I configure the network connection to get it running?

    Thanks

    Robert Friemer

  2. Re: no access to Internet

    Robert_Friemer schrieb:
    > Hello!
    >
    > I got an Octane on an private network (192.168.0.x) with a DSL Router
    > (192.168.0.1) for Internet connection and dhcp.
    >
    > My Problem is that the Windows, Linux and Unix PCs and access the
    > internet except the Octane. I alway get an error with the netscape,
    > that the communicator can not resolve the domain name.
    >
    > How must I configure the network connection to get it running?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Robert Friemer

    Create the '/etc/resolv.conf' file and place your nameserver entry
    there. After that edit
    '/etc/nsswitch.conf'
    and change the line to
    'hosts: files dns'

    After that you have to reboot.

    regards
    Joerg

  3. Re: no access to Internet

    Hi Joerg!

    Thanks for the tips. I will try them today in the evening.

    Robert

  4. Re: no access to Internet

    Thank you!

    Now can can reach the Internet.

    Robert

  5. Re: no access to Internet

    Robert_Friemer wrote:

    > Hello!
    >
    > I got an Octane on an private network (192.168.0.x) with a DSL Router
    > (192.168.0.1)

    Hey!! You stole MY IP address!! No wonder I can't connect anymore.

    (sorry, had to lighten it up a bit)

  6. Re: no access to Internet

    NO, THAT'S MY(!) PRIVATE NETWORK!!!!!! ;-)) ;-))

+ Reply to Thread