Mounting NFS volume on Linux server - SGI

This is a discussion on Mounting NFS volume on Linux server - SGI ; All, I have an Indigo2 (Irix 6.5) but somehow are unable to mount exported volumes that reside on a Linux server. Any pointers on how to do that? I have the sneaky notion I need to adjust a bit on ...

  1. Mounting NFS volume on Linux server

    All,

    I have an Indigo2 (Irix 6.5) but somehow are unable to mount exported
    volumes that reside on a Linux server. Any pointers on how to do that? I
    have the sneaky notion I need to adjust a bit on the Linux side...

    --
    Ruurd
    ..o.

  2. Re: Mounting NFS volume on Linux server

    R.F. Pels wrote:
    > All,
    >
    > I have an Indigo2 (Irix 6.5) but somehow are unable to mount exported
    > volumes that reside on a Linux server. Any pointers on how to do that? I
    > have the sneaky notion I need to adjust a bit on the Linux side...

    AFAIR it can be the "secure ports" problem. Tried adding "insecure"
    option to the Linux's exports entry?

  3. Re: Mounting NFS volume on Linux server

    silverdr wrote:

    >> I have an Indigo2 (Irix 6.5) but somehow are unable to mount exported
    >> volumes that reside on a Linux server. Any pointers on how to do that? I
    >> have the sneaky notion I need to adjust a bit on the Linux side...
    >>

    > AFAIR it can be the "secure ports" problem. Tried adding "insecure"
    > option to the Linux's exports entry?

    Nope. Funny thing is that I /can/ mount them from the commandline no
    problem...

    --
    Ruurd
    ..o.

  4. Re: Mounting NFS volume on Linux server

    R.F. Pels wrote:
    > silverdr wrote:
    >
    >>> I have an Indigo2 (Irix 6.5) but somehow are unable to mount exported
    >>> volumes that reside on a Linux server. Any pointers on how to do that? I
    >>> have the sneaky notion I need to adjust a bit on the Linux side...
    >>>

    >> AFAIR it can be the "secure ports" problem. Tried adding "insecure"
    >> option to the Linux's exports entry?

    > Nope. Funny thing is that I /can/ mount them from the commandline no
    > problem...

    some /etc/fstab on a Linux (Debian) machine:

    > # /etc/fstab -- static file system information
    > # auto generation: on
    > # generated by: /sbin/etcdev2fstab
    > #
    > # NOTE: to make this file readable, it has been formatted for 132 columns
    > #
    > #
    > /dev/hdb1 / reiserfs rw 0 0
    > /dev/hdb5 /disks/hdb5 ext2 defaults 0 2
    > /dev/cdroms/hda /media/cdrom0 iso9660 ro,nosuid,nodev,exec,user,noauto,async,unhide 0 0
    > /dev/cdroms/hdc /media/cdrom1 iso9660 ro,nosuid,nodev,exec,user,noauto,async,unhide 0 0
    > /dev/floppy/0 /media/floppy0 auto rw,nosuid,nodev,exec,nouser,noauto,async 0 0
    > proc /proc proc rw 0 0
    > usbfs /proc/bus/usb usbfs rw,devmode=0666 0 0
    > /dev/hdb2 none swap sw 0 0

    and /etc/fstab on IRIX:

    > /dev/root / xfs rw,raw=/dev/rroot 0 0
    > /dev/xlv/xlv0 /volume0 xfs rw 0 0
    > PC2:/home/DATA /DATA/PC2 nfs ro,hard,intr,bg 0 0

    The IRIX machines have the DATA directory on the Linux machine mounted.
    No voodoo...

    Walther

  5. Re: Mounting NFS volume on Linux server

    Walther Mathieu wrote:

    > and /etc/fstab on IRIX:

    > The IRIX machines have the DATA directory on the Linux machine mounted.
    > No voodoo...

    That's the way I end up doing it. I /wanted/ to do this through the
    pointy-clickety interface, but alas...

    --
    Ruurd
    ..o.