Pinout for Older Dialbox/Buttons Cable - SGI

This is a discussion on Pinout for Older Dialbox/Buttons Cable - SGI ; Hello, Does any one have the cables or know what is the pinout on the old cables [i.e old dials on Indigo2], DB9F to DB9F, interfacing the buttons/dialbox to the serial adapter hanging off the CPU. Thanks...

  1. Pinout for Older Dialbox/Buttons Cable

    Hello,

    Does any one have the cables or know what is the pinout on the old
    cables [i.e old dials on Indigo2], DB9F to DB9F, interfacing the
    buttons/dialbox to the serial adapter hanging off the CPU.

    Thanks

  2. Re: Pinout for Older Dialbox/Buttons Cable

    Adam Smith wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > Does any one have the cables or know what is the pinout on the old
    > cables [i.e old dials on Indigo2], DB9F to DB9F, interfacing the
    > buttons/dialbox to the serial adapter hanging off the CPU.
    >
    > Thanks

    Hi Adam,

    We here use dials on O2's so I don't they are the same...
    Does it help to say those dials have a rediculously oversized 5 V adapter?

    Pins 2, 3 & 5 are connected on the PC-side, and give out to pins 3, 2 &
    7 in that order at the dials-side.

    HTH,

    Wimmy

  3. Re: Pinout for Older Dialbox/Buttons Cable

    Thanks Wimmy,

    Wim Cossement wrote:

    > Adam Smith wrote:
    >
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> Does any one have the cables or know what is the pinout on the old
    >> cables [i.e old dials on Indigo2], DB9F to DB9F, interfacing the
    >> buttons/dialbox to the serial adapter hanging off the CPU.
    >>
    >> Thanks

    > Hi Adam,
    >
    > We here use dials on O2's so I don't they are the same...
    > Does it help to say those dials have a rediculously oversized 5 V adapter?

    Yes, they do have an oversized adapter, might be a low voltage high
    amperage, 850 MA on 5 V side, 250 on the 115 V side

    > Pins 2, 3 & 5 are connected on the PC-side, and give out to pins 3, 2 &
    > 7 in that order at the dials-side.
    >
    > HTH,
    >
    > Wimmy

  4. Re: Pinout for Older Dialbox/Buttons Cable

    Adam Smith writes:
    > Does any one have the cables or know what is the pinout on the old
    > cables [i.e old dials on Indigo2], DB9F to DB9F, interfacing the
    > buttons/dialbox to the serial adapter hanging off the CPU.

    Different versions have different cables IIRC. Could you please post the
    SGI part number of the button box/dials you have in mind?

    Thomas Jahns
    --
    "Computers are good at following instructions,
    but not at reading your mind."

+ Reply to Thread