How to assign a vlan address to IRIX 6.5 - SGI

This is a discussion on How to assign a vlan address to IRIX 6.5 - SGI ; Hi folks I've found some instructions about assigning an IP address to IRIX. But what we would like to do is assigning a vlan address to one interface on IRIX 6.5. Are the steps the same? Is there any difference? ...

  1. How to assign a vlan address to IRIX 6.5

    Hi folks
    I've found some instructions about assigning an IP address to IRIX.
    But what we would like to do is assigning a vlan address to one
    interface
    on IRIX 6.5.
    Are the steps the same?
    Is there any difference?
    Thanks

    Valerio

  2. Re: How to assign a vlan address to IRIX 6.5

    Hi,

    Normally you would assign vlans to switch ports or configure your
    switches to put certain IP addresses in specific vlans.

    I don't think you can assign a vlan using the tcp/ip stack on IRIX/UNIX
    as it is more a network infrastructure thing than a host configuration.

    I might be wrong though, and if so, I've learned something new...

    HTH,

    P.

  3. Re: How to assign a vlan address to IRIX 6.5

    In article <1128586456.820384.83070@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.c om>,
    valerio.daelli@gmail.com wrote:

    : Hi folks
    : I've found some instructions about assigning an IP address to IRIX.
    : But what we would like to do is assigning a vlan address to one
    : interface
    : on IRIX 6.5.
    : Are the steps the same?
    : Is there any difference?

    IRIX doesn't support 802.1q, if that's what you're asking.

    Cheers - Tony 'Nicoya' Mantler