Howto change resolution on Indigo2 - SGI

This is a discussion on Howto change resolution on Indigo2 - SGI ; Hi, Please help me! Indigo2, Irix6, XL graphic card... HOw can i change the phisical resolution AND freqv. of the display? (from default to 800x600/60Hz) I can login only remotely(ssh), no X : (local monitor failed on the defaul resolution/refr. ...

  1. Howto change resolution on Indigo2

    Hi,
    Please help me!
    Indigo2, Irix6, XL graphic card...
    HOw can i change the phisical resolution AND freqv. of the display?
    (from default to 800x600/60Hz)
    I can login only remotely(ssh), no X :
    (local monitor failed on the defaul resolution/refr. freq!)
    Thanx
    climbela

  2. Re: Howto change resolution on Indigo2

    BELA KOVACS schrieb am Dienstag, 4. Oktober 2005 12:40:

    > Hi,
    > Please help me!
    > Indigo2, Irix6, XL graphic card...
    > HOw can i change the phisical resolution AND freqv. of the display?
    > (from default to 800x600/60Hz)
    > I can login only remotely(ssh), no X :
    > (local monitor failed on the defaul resolution/refr. freq!)

    see:
    man setmon
    specifically the paragraph on XL Graphics

    I dont know whether XL supports this res./freq.;
    see /usr/gfx/ucode/NG1/vof

    HTH
    Rainer

    > Thanx