CUPS on Irix VS lp - SGI

This is a discussion on CUPS on Irix VS lp - SGI ; Hello, Quite some time ago I installed CUPS (from the SGI Freeware site) on all our IRIX machines and this worked fine with the right LaserJet PS driver. I've installed a few updates last week and apparently I can't print ...

  1. CUPS on Irix VS lp

    Hello,

    Quite some time ago I installed CUPS (from the SGI Freeware site) on all
    our IRIX machines and this worked fine with the right LaserJet PS driver.

    I've installed a few updates last week and apparently I can't print
    anymore now.

    CUPS runs, you can go to the web-interface (localhots:631) and there all
    seems fine, except tha the lp /some/file.ext does not work anymore.
    You get a message that your job has been accepted with an ID, but
    nothing comes out of the printer, nor does it apperar in the CUPS que,
    the only thing I've been able to print so far is the CUPS testpage.

    Could anyone tell me what I've might have forgotten or done wrong??

    Thanks,

    Wimmy
    --
    | PLEASE |

  2. Re: CUPS on Irix VS lp

    Nevermind, the update replaced the links I made from /usr/bin/lp to
    /urs/freeware/bin/lp with the lp binary so I just had to restore them.

    Wimmy

+ Reply to Thread