Apache2 failing to pass POST data to stdin of script!?!? - SGI

This is a discussion on Apache2 failing to pass POST data to stdin of script!?!? - SGI ; Hi, Haven't posted here in ages. I'm using Apache2 from freeware.sgi.com and I think that something has gone awry because I can't get Apache to pass POST-form data to stdin like it should. When I submit a form with POST ...

  1. Apache2 failing to pass POST data to stdin of script!?!?

    Hi,

    Haven't posted here in ages. I'm using Apache2 from freeware.sgi.com and
    I think that something has gone awry because I can't get Apache to pass
    POST-form data to stdin like it should. When I submit a form with POST
    data to myserver/cgi-bin/test-cgi it shows that there are 309 chars to
    be read..but never shows the data itself(all of them printable)

    At first I had thought it was my script or maybe the interpreter(Rexx
    for those curious) but AFAIK, that test should show argc as 1 and argv
    as the POST form data.

    Anyone had this problem before? I have seen a person or two on the Linux
    forums say they got this problem when they moved from Apache 1.3->2.0
    but nobody took it as an Apache problem, but I think not. I'm
    configuring and attempting to compile the latest 2.0.54 but I'll
    probably have a better answer before I finish.

    TIA

    Eric

  2. Re: Apache2 failing to pass POST data to stdin of script!?!?

    In article <1126210359.c2f32f29871c996f6ce0043a62d64b40@terane ws>,
    "Eric H." wrote:

    : Hi,
    :
[...]

    You do know the difference between stdin, commandline arguments, and environment
    variables, yes?

    Cheers - Tony 'Nicoya' Mantler

  3. Re: Apache2 failing to pass POST data to stdin of script!?!?

    Tony 'Nicoya' Mantler wrote:

    > You do know the difference between stdin, commandline arguments, and environment
    > variables, yes?

    Yes. And Apache is supposed to pass the POST data to stdin of the
    script, but doesn't for some reason, and I know that Rexx, and the
    scripts I'm using/developing, reads stdin so... The environment
    variables that apache passes are fine...CONTENT_LENGTH shows a length of
    309 chars but when I read the chars from stdin I get nothing, as in NULL.

    To followup: I tried the recompile for 2.0.54 and got the same thing so
    it's either something in my local config, or 2.0.54 has ceased passing
    it(I don't find that too likely).

    I'm going to test, as the Linux fellow kinda suggested, Apache 1.3 and
    see if my script works. If so then, I know something isn't being handled
    correctly.

  4. Re: Apache2 failing to pass POST data to stdin of script!?!?

    Fixed!! If you can call it that. Apparently the dialect of Rexx I was
    using doesn't use "arg" and "linein" as synonymous, and until today, I
    had never seen or used linein even once. Development continues.

  5. Re: Apache2 failing to pass POST data to stdin of script!?!?

    Hi

    I am facing the same issue and didn't understand how you solve the issue. If you can elaborate little i will really appreciate.

    Thanks
    Arun Mittal

+ Reply to Thread