Non postscript (OKIDATA) printer installation - SGI

This is a discussion on Non postscript (OKIDATA) printer installation - SGI ; Hello, Has anyone successfully managed to access a non postscript networked printer (OKIDATA C5150n), from an Indigo[2] machine, if so some tips would be welcomed. Thanks Adam...

  1. Non postscript (OKIDATA) printer installation

    Hello,

    Has anyone successfully managed to access a non postscript networked
    printer (OKIDATA C5150n), from an Indigo[2] machine, if so some tips
    would be welcomed.
    Thanks

    Adam

  2. Re: Non postscript (OKIDATA) printer installation

    [Additional Notes]

    I learned of CUPS and installed it but the choice of drivers did not
    seem to be applicable to a networked system. It give me two options (i)
    a 12-pin and (ii) a 24-pin Series system ??
    It said installation successful, the printer is recognized but the print
    job seems to get stuck somewhere in the queue and never reaches the printer.

    lpstat -t shows
    scheduler running
    destination correct
    device: http://192.128.2.89:631
    Hostname accepting requests since Jan 01 00:00
    printer Hostname now printing job-1, enabled since ......
    job list ....

    Adam Smith wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > Has anyone successfully managed to access a non postscript networked
    > printer (OKIDATA C5150n), from an Indigo[2] machine, if so some tips
    > would be welcomed.
    > Thanks
    >
    > Adam

    My LAN sys has some Win 2K OS sys, FreeBSD and an IRIX 6.5.xx sys

  3. Re: Non postscript (OKIDATA) printer installation

    never tried a non-postscript printer. but i use bsdlpr subsystem and a
    nextstation with a laser printer (aka postscript laser printer )
    with irix and lesser unix's, and samba on irix for windows. all works
    ok.

    I also have a postscript printer on an indigo2 running impressario and
    normal lpr subsystem; but it is way slow (old printer - 15years or so)

  4. Re: Non postscript (OKIDATA) printer installation

    You might try a very standard printer driver to simplify things (HP or
    Epson are usually good for this).

  5. Re: Non postscript (OKIDATA) printer installation

    I didn't see your response, are you suggesting that in the CUPS setup, I
    should designate the Printer as a HP or Epson ???.

    jonny_morrisuk@yahoo.co.uk wrote:
    > You might try a very standard printer driver to simplify things (HP or
    > Epson are usually good for this).

+ Reply to Thread