6.5.22 openssh - SGI

This is a discussion on 6.5.22 openssh - SGI ; After upgrading a workstation from Irix 6.5.18 to 6.5.22 today, I noticed that there was a openssh package installed. However it doesn't seem as if the openssh includes the server. Is this correct? Should I use nekoware for the openssh ...

  1. 6.5.22 openssh

    After upgrading a workstation from Irix 6.5.18 to 6.5.22 today, I
    noticed that there was a openssh package installed. However it doesn't
    seem as if the openssh includes the server. Is this correct? Should I
    use nekoware for the openssh server instead?
    Jack

  2. Re: 6.5.22 openssh

    In article ,
    Jack Howarth wrote:

    > After upgrading a workstation from Irix 6.5.18 to 6.5.22 today, I
    > noticed that there was a openssh package installed. However it
    > doesn't seem as if the openssh includes the server. Is this
    > correct? Should I use nekoware for the openssh server instead?

    Unlike the openssh client, the openssh server isn't installed by
    default, but I believe it's included on the 6.5.22 CD set.

    --

    R. Lynn Rardin

  3. Re: 6.5.22 openssh

    "Jack Howarth" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > After upgrading a workstation from Irix 6.5.18 to 6.5.22 today, I
    > noticed that there was a openssh package installed. However it
    > doesn't
    > seem as if the openssh includes the server. Is this correct? Should
    > use nekoware for the openssh server instead?
    > Jack

    Somewhere in the >=.18 timeframe IRIX ships out with a openssh
    package. The ssh client was installed by default and the sshd one is
    optional. When using the IRIX one besure that already take a look for
    patches on support.sgi.com.

    Currently nekoware contains latest Openssh 4.1p1

    regards
    Joerg

+ Reply to Thread