question on starting failover.... - SGI

This is a discussion on question on starting failover.... - SGI ; I've got a ~14Tb filesystem that's in production, and I just realized that I forgot to put in place the /etc/failover.conf file before I last rebooted (which is when I put in place this filesystem... ) The failover.conf file is ...

  1. question on starting failover....

    I've got a ~14Tb filesystem that's in production, and I just realized
    that I forgot to put in place the /etc/failover.conf file before I last
    rebooted (which is when I put in place this filesystem... )

    The failover.conf file is all configured, and I'm pretty sure that I
    just need to run '/etc/init.d/failover start' to get hinv to show me my
    'primary path' & 'alternate path' stuff. I just don't recall doing this
    on a fully in use filesystem before. I think I have... but I just want
    to get a warm fuzzy that turning on failover in this current context is
    no different than if I had just rebooted.

    Can anybody that makes use of failover chime in... or any SGI folks?

    Thanks!

    -chris

    --
    Chris Jones
    (to email me, just take out the NOSPAM)

    Under US Code Title 47, Sec.227(b)(1)(C), Sec.227(a)(2)(B)
    This email address may not be added to any commercial mail list with out
    my permission. Violation of my privacy with advertising or SPAM will
    result in a suit for a MINIMUM of $500 damages/incident, $1500 for repeats.

  2. Re: question on starting failover....

    Chris Jones wrote:

    > I've got a ~14Tb filesystem that's in production, and I just realized
    > that I forgot to put in place the /etc/failover.conf file before I last
    > rebooted (which is when I put in place this filesystem... )
    >
    > The failover.conf file is all configured, and I'm pretty sure that I
    > just need to run '/etc/init.d/failover start' to get hinv to show me my
    > 'primary path' & 'alternate path' stuff. I just don't recall doing this
    > on a fully in use filesystem before. I think I have... but I just want
    > to get a warm fuzzy that turning on failover in this current context is
    > no different than if I had just rebooted.
    >
    > Can anybody that makes use of failover chime in... or any SGI folks?
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > -chris

    Just to follow up... I ran the command this morning and it added my
    'primary path' information via hinv just like it was supposed to.

    -chris

    --
    Chris Jones
    (to email me, just take out the NOSPAM)

    Under US Code Title 47, Sec.227(b)(1)(C), Sec.227(a)(2)(B)
    This email address may not be added to any commercial mail list with out
    my permission. Violation of my privacy with advertising or SPAM will
    result in a suit for a MINIMUM of $500 damages/incident, $1500 for repeats.

+ Reply to Thread