Replacement for Toshiba CD-ROM - SGI

This is a discussion on Replacement for Toshiba CD-ROM - SGI ; Hi guys What is the best replacement for the Toshiba CD-ROM... Contacting Toshiba is not really helping.... -- kind regards/mvh Niels S. Eliasen...

  1. Replacement for Toshiba CD-ROM

    --
    kind regards/mvh
    Niels S. Eliasen

  2. Re: Replacement for Toshiba CD-ROM

    "Niels S. Eliasen" schrieb im
    Newsbeitrag news:8764wpul1j.fsf@perseus.delfi-konsult.com...
    > Hi guys
    > What is the best replacement for the Toshiba CD-ROM...
    > Contacting Toshiba is not really helping....

    Ebay.

    When buying a new one i would like to prefer a Plextor. You dont have
    told us for what kind of SGI you have. The space in a origin/onyx2 and
    maybe also for the O2 is very limited The plextor fits into the
    internal i2 base like a charm and is also good when using it as a
    external device.

    regards
    Joerg
    --
    TakeNet GmbH Mobil: 0171/60 57 963
    D-97080 Wuerzburg Tel: +49 931 903-2243

  3. Re: Replacement for Toshiba CD-ROM

    eh... forgot which SGI....
    It is a O2
    --
    kind regards/mvh
    Niels S. Eliasen mailto:nse@ruc.dk

    ".. and all these memories are to vanish like tears in the rain!"
    final words from Rutger Hauer in "Blade Runner".

  4. Re: Replacement for Toshiba CD-ROM

    Niels S. Eliasen wrote:
    > eh... forgot which SGI....
    > It is a O2

    If I were you, I would try to fin an SD-M1401 DVD-ROM... It's IRIX
    bootable and fits like a charm in an O2... There are usually a bunch on
    ebay for a decent price...

  5. Re: Replacement for Toshiba CD-ROM

    On Wed, 08 Jun 2005 15:05:42 GMT, UNIX Museum wrote:

    >Niels S. Eliasen wrote:
    >> eh... forgot which SGI....
    >> It is a O2

    >If I were you, I would try to fin an SD-M1401 DVD-ROM... It's IRIX
    >bootable and fits like a charm in an O2... There are usually a bunch on
    >ebay for a decent price...

    Or if your in the UK grab one of these from Scan:

    http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/Produ...roductID=42169

    Can't complain about the price Got one in my Fuel, works a treat.

  6. Re: Replacement for Toshiba CD-ROM

    On 08 Jun 2005 13:48:08 +0200
    nse@perseus.delfi-konsult.com (Niels S. Eliasen) wrote:

    > Hi guys
    > What is the best replacement for the Toshiba CD-ROM...
    > Contacting Toshiba is not really helping....

    Technically you could use any SCSI-II CD-ROM (I use TEAC),
    but CDman can "select" only Toshiba mode read/medium
    selection.

  7. Re: Replacement for Toshiba CD-ROM

    ok...
    with the risk of being a complete moron....
    How do you guys fix the O2 CD-ROM front, so it looks nice?

    ok... whew! I did ask..

    --
    kind regards/mvh
    Niels S. Eliasen

  8. Re: Replacement for Toshiba CD-ROM

    Niels S. Eliasen wrote:
    > ok...
    > with the risk of being a complete moron....
    > How do you guys fix the O2 CD-ROM front, so it looks nice?
    >
    > ok... whew! I did ask..

    Did you take your O2 apart to the CD-ROM? If yes, go ahead!

    Take a look at its front from below - unlock the blue plastic
    and press it slightly upwards. It gives way easily.

    Do the same thing with the Toshiba DVD-ROM mentioned above.
    Re-assemble your O2, and at last put back the blue cover
    from above. It fits like a charm...

    Btw., have you ever heard of nekochan.net?

    Walther

  9. Re: Replacement for Toshiba CD-ROM

    "Heard of nekochan..."
    Well yes... but.. why?

    --
    kind regards/mvh
    Niels S. Eliasen mailto:nse@ruc.dk
    Tel/Fax/Cell: (+45) 463 285 2{7|8|9}

    ".. and all these memories are to vanish like tears in the rain!"
    final words from Rutger Hauer in "Blade Runner".

  10. Re: Replacement for Toshiba CD-ROM

    Niels S. Eliasen wrote:
    > "Heard of nekochan..."
    > Well yes... but.. why?

    What Walther is trying to say is that this has been discussed quite
    extensively on nekochan.net, some pictures are posted there too... Might
    be worth taking a look...

+ Reply to Thread