updating irix mldoney - SGI

This is a discussion on updating irix mldoney - SGI ; Hi, I'm playing with mldonkey or my O2. I've installed it from the tardist but it complains that teh servers.ini is empty. How do I update this? The emule list isn't in the same format as the mldonkey servers list. ...

  1. updating irix mldoney

    Hi,
    I'm playing with mldonkey or my O2. I've installed it from the tardist but
    it complains that teh servers.ini is empty. How do I update this? The
    emule list isn't in the same format as the mldonkey servers list. So I
    can't just download servers.met for emule and copy it into my peer2peer
    dir on my o2 as servers.ini Is there some other servers list to get or do
    I use the emule / edonkey2000 network servers list and run it through awk
    to move the format into the apropreate format for servers.ini ?

    Please assist

    many thanks

    *********************
    Khalid Schofield
    System Administrator / EM Technician
    Dept. Of Materials
    University Of Oxford
    Parks Road
    Oxford
    OX1 3PH

    Tel: 01865 273785
    Fax: 01865 283333

  2. Re: updating irix mldoney

    Khalid Schofield wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I'm playing with mldonkey or my O2. I've installed it from the tardist but
    > it complains that teh servers.ini is empty. How do I update this? The
    > emule list isn't in the same format as the mldonkey servers list. So I
    > can't just download servers.met for emule and copy it into my peer2peer
    > dir on my o2 as servers.ini Is there some other servers list to get or do
    > I use the emule / edonkey2000 network servers list and run it through awk
    > to move the format into the apropreate format for servers.ini ?
    >
    > Please assist
    >
    > many thanks
    >
    > *********************
    > Khalid Schofield
    > System Administrator / EM Technician
    > Dept. Of Materials
    > University Of Oxford
    > Parks Road
    > Oxford
    > OX1 3PH
    >
    > Email: khalid.schofield@materials.ox.ac.uk
    > Tel: 01865 273785
    > Fax: 01865 283333
    > Web: http://www-em.materials.ox.ac.uk/peo...eld/index.html

    If you have access to a peecee, you can copy/paste the more interesting
    servers to a text file or e-mail and send it to the SGI machine: There
    you could manually add them to the server list.

    I guess this is a FUBAR solution, but it just might work I always
    seem to log in to the same emule servers anyways (based on experience,
    you only need a couple of good servers to log in to)...

    If you're hardcore, you might even use TelEffect for the copy/paste
    situation

  3. Re: updating irix mldoney

    thanks for info I have mldonkey on my linux box. Perhaps I'll give it a
    try.

    cheers

    *********************

    On Sun, 29 Aug 2004, Yves Laboureur wrote:

    > Khalid Schofield wrote:
    > > Hi,
    > > I'm playing with mldonkey or my O2. I've installed it from the tardist but
    > > it complains that teh servers.ini is empty. How do I update this? The
    > > emule list isn't in the same format as the mldonkey servers list. So I
    > > can't just download servers.met for emule and copy it into my peer2peer
    > > dir on my o2 as servers.ini Is there some other servers list to get or do
    > > I use the emule / edonkey2000 network servers list and run it through awk
    > > to move the format into the apropreate format for servers.ini ?
    > >
    > > Please assist
    > >
    > > many thanks
    > >
    > > *********************
    > > Khalid Schofield
    > > System Administrator / EM Technician
    > > Dept. Of Materials
    > > University Of Oxford
    > > Parks Road
    > > Oxford
    > > OX1 3PH
    > >
    > > Email: khalid.schofield@materials.ox.ac.uk
    > > Tel: 01865 273785
    > > Fax: 01865 283333
    > > Web: http://www-em.materials.ox.ac.uk/peo...eld/index.html
    > >

    > If you have access to a peecee, you can copy/paste the more interesting
    > servers to a text file or e-mail and send it to the SGI machine: There
    > you could manually add them to the server list.
    >
    > I guess this is a FUBAR solution, but it just might work I always
    > seem to log in to the same emule servers anyways (based on experience,
    > you only need a couple of good servers to log in to)...
    >
    > If you're hardcore, you might even use TelEffect for the copy/paste
    > situation

+ Reply to Thread