SSL:IMAP on IRIX 6.5.20 (or higher) - SGI

This is a discussion on SSL:IMAP on IRIX 6.5.20 (or higher) - SGI ; I'm trying to get sendmail work with SSL:IMAP (imaps) on an Octane (IRIX 6.5.20) but the only information I can find is for Linux (esp. RedHat). I've gotten it to work with regular IMAP, but of course that is not ...

  1. SSL:IMAP on IRIX 6.5.20 (or higher)

    I'm trying to get sendmail work with SSL:IMAP (imaps) on an Octane (IRIX
    6.5.20) but the only information I can find is for Linux (esp. RedHat).

    I've gotten it to work with regular IMAP, but of course that is not
    secure, and so I've turned it off.

    Can anyone provide pointers or guides?

    Thanks,

    Gary

    P.S., Note mangled e-mail address

  2. Re: SSL:IMAP on IRIX 6.5.20 (or higher)

    Gary Strahan wrote:

    > I'm trying to get sendmail work with SSL:IMAP (imaps) on an Octane (IRIX
    > 6.5.20) but the only information I can find is for Linux (esp. RedHat).
    >
    > I've gotten it to work with regular IMAP, but of course that is not
    > secure, and so I've turned it off.

    Are you talking about imap-2001a from SGI freeware or something else?

    Jeff Long

  3. Re: SSL:IMAP on IRIX 6.5.20 (or higher)

    Jeff Long wrote:
    > Gary Strahan wrote:
    >

    >> I'm trying to get sendmail work with SSL:IMAP (imaps) on an Octane
    >> (IRIX 6.5.20) but the only information I can find is for Linux (esp.
    >> RedHat).
    >>
    >> I've gotten it to work with regular IMAP, but of course that is not
    >> secure, and so I've turned it off.

    > Are you talking about imap-2001a from SGI freeware or something else?
    >
    > Jeff Long

    Yes, as far as I know that is what I am talking about.

    I have already installed imap-2001a and I can get the imap port to work,
    but I can't get access via imaps.

    Thanks,

    Gary

  4. Re: SSL:IMAP on IRIX 6.5.20 (or higher)

    On 2004-08-23, Gary Strahan wrote:
    > Jeff Long wrote:
    >> Gary Strahan wrote:
    >>

    >>> I'm trying to get sendmail work with SSL:IMAP (imaps) on an Octane
    >>> (IRIX 6.5.20) but the only information I can find is for Linux (esp.
    >>> RedHat).
    >>>
    >>> I've gotten it to work with regular IMAP, but of course that is not
    >>> secure, and so I've turned it off.

    >> Are you talking about imap-2001a from SGI freeware or something else?
    >>
    >> Jeff Long

    > Yes, as far as I know that is what I am talking about.
    >
    > I have already installed imap-2001a and I can get the imap port to work,
    > but I can't get access via imaps.

    I don't know if that imap server supports imaps, but you could probably
    use stunnel (http://www.stunnel.org) to add ssl support to it.

    I might be able to help if you run into any problems.

    --
    Ole-Morten Duesund

  5. Re: SSL:IMAP on IRIX 6.5.20 (or higher)

    Gary Strahan wrote:
    > Jeff Long wrote:
    >
    >> Gary Strahan wrote:
    >>

    >>> I'm trying to get sendmail work with SSL:IMAP (imaps) on an Octane
    >>> (IRIX 6.5.20) but the only information I can find is for Linux (esp.
    >>> RedHat).
    >>>
    >>> I've gotten it to work with regular IMAP, but of course that is not
    >>> secure, and so I've turned it off.

    >> Are you talking about imap-2001a from SGI freeware or something else?
    >>
    >> Jeff Long

    > Yes, as far as I know that is what I am talking about.
    >
    > I have already installed imap-2001a and I can get the imap port to work,
    > but I can't get access via imaps.

    I'm assuming you have fw_imap.sw.imap-ssl installed then.

    First read /usr/freeware/doc/imap/SSLBUILD.

    You'll need the following in inetd.conf:

    imaps stream tcp nowait root /usr/freeware/bin/imapd imapd

    and the following in /etc/services:

    imaps 993/tcp

    Your SSL cert/key must be put in /usr/freeware/lib/openssl/certs/imapd.pem.

    Note that your key and cert are combined into that single file.

    Let us know what problems you run into after that.

    Jeff Long

+ Reply to Thread