Copper Gigabit in Origin 2000 - SGI

This is a discussion on Copper Gigabit in Origin 2000 - SGI ; Hi I have been given 2 copper gigabit cards (PCI Alteon) to put in on of our Origin 2000 boxes using a cardframe. The card goes in and is detected up to a point. hinv: .. .. Gigabit Ethernet: eg2, ...

  1. Copper Gigabit in Origin 2000

    Hi

    I have been given 2 copper gigabit cards (PCI Alteon) to put in on of our
    Origin 2000 boxes using a cardframe. The card goes in and is detected up
    to a point.

    hinv:
    ..
    ..
    Gigabit Ethernet: eg2, module 1, XIO slot io6, firmware version 0.0.0

    Any attempt to do anything tells me 'No firmware found'.

    Can anybody point me in the right direction? I am using 6.5.20m, and have
    no support contract

    --
    Dave Smith

  2. Re: Copper Gigabit in Origin 2000

    Dave Smith writes:

    > Hi
    >
    > I have been given 2 copper gigabit cards (PCI Alteon) to put in on of our
    > Origin 2000 boxes using a cardframe. The card goes in and is detected up
    > to a point.
    >
    > hinv:
    > .
    > .
    > Gigabit Ethernet: eg2, module 1, XIO slot io6, firmware version 0.0.0
    >
    > Any attempt to do anything tells me 'No firmware found'.
    >
    > Can anybody point me in the right direction? I am using 6.5.20m, and have
    > no support contract

    man egconfig

    *p

  3. Re: Copper Gigabit in Origin 2000

    On Tue, 27 Jul 2004 08:49:43 +0200, Per Ekman wrote:

    > Dave Smith writes:
    >
    >> Hi
    >>
    >> I have been given 2 copper gigabit cards (PCI Alteon) to put in on of our
    >> Origin 2000 boxes using a cardframe. The card goes in and is detected up
    >> to a point.
    >>
    >> hinv:
    >> .
    >> .
    >> Gigabit Ethernet: eg2, module 1, XIO slot io6, firmware version 0.0.0
    >>
    >> Any attempt to do anything tells me 'No firmware found'.
    >>
    >> Can anybody point me in the right direction? I am using 6.5.20m, and have
    >> no support contract

    > man egconfig
    >
    > *p

    So, So Easy. I had looked at the command and hadn't noticed that it could
    be run with no parameters.

    ifconfig -v eg1
    eg1: flags=c15c43 LINK0,IPALIAS,HIGHBW>
    inet 192.168.16.1 netmask 0xffffff00 broadcast 192.168.16.255
    recvspace 196608 sendspace 196608
    speed 1000.00 Mbit/s full-duplex

    --
    Dave Smith