ipfilterd missing - SGI

This is a discussion on ipfilterd missing - SGI ; Hello, on my system I don;t have the ipfilterd binary in /usr/etc probably when I installed the system (6.5.17m) I did not install the subsystem which contains ipfilterd. I have upgraded the OS many times up to 6.5.20m now. How ...

  1. ipfilterd missing

    Hello,
    on my system I don;t have the ipfilterd binary in /usr/etc
    probably when I installed the system (6.5.17m)
    I did not install the subsystem which contains ipfilterd.
    I have upgraded the OS many times up to 6.5.20m now.
    How can I install ipfilterd correctly now ?
    IS it possible to do it ?
    thanks

    Rick

  2. Re: ipfilterd missing

    RJ45 wrote:
    > Hello,
    > on my system I don;t have the ipfilterd binary in /usr/etc
    > probably when I installed the system (6.5.17m)
    > I did not install the subsystem which contains ipfilterd.
    > I have upgraded the OS many times up to 6.5.20m now.
    > How can I install ipfilterd correctly now ?
    > IS it possible to do it ?
    > thanks
    >
    > Rick

    open up your foundation 1 cd and look in the idb ( i believe its in the base eoe ), select
    that address the conflict by feeding it your 6.5.20 overlay and voila.

    cheers

+ Reply to Thread