Will you PLEASE stop WHINING! - SGI

This is a discussion on Will you PLEASE stop WHINING! - SGI ; > Will you PLEASE stop WHINING! Just drop the whole thing. You asked a > very stupid question. You obviously did NOT do your homework before > posting your question Obviously? I freely admit it. >and you're getting justifiable flack ...

  1. Will you PLEASE stop WHINING!

    > Will you PLEASE stop WHINING! Just drop the whole thing. You asked a
    > very stupid question. You obviously did NOT do your homework before
    > posting your question

    Obviously? I freely admit it.

    >and you're getting justifiable flack for it.

    There's nothing justified about it. This is a forum for asking such
    questions. Why is it justifiable to give me flack for doing so?

    >Just grow up.

    >Apologize for being wrong,

    Wrong about what?

    >arrogant,

    I'm not arrogant...just not putting up with the childish mindset of
    certain people who feel that posting to this newsgroup should be a
    last resort.

    >childish, and just let it go. Your further posts just justify all the negative
    >comments people have been throwing your way. You are a troll now. Just give it up.
    >Your credibility has gone to zero now. I'm not sure you could dig yourself a deeper
    >hole than you are already in now, but you keep trying to.

    Then there's no incentive for me to stop, is there?

    Josh

  2. Re: Will you PLEASE stop WHINING!

    Josh,
    It is become quite clear who is insecure. Let it go! Take a deep breath and
    find your happy place. If you have trouble finding it, use the FIND command.
    And if you have trouble with that, try:
    man find
    -or even-
    man find inner child

    "Josh Mckee" wrote in message
    > > Will you PLEASE stop WHINING! Just drop the whole thing. You asked a
    > > very stupid question. You obviously did NOT do your homework before
    > > posting your question

    > Obviously? I freely admit it.
    >
    > >and you're getting justifiable flack for it.

    > There's nothing justified about it. This is a forum for asking such
    > questions. Why is it justifiable to give me flack for doing so?
    >
    > >Just grow up.

    > >Apologize for being wrong,

    > Wrong about what?
    >
    > >arrogant,

    > I'm not arrogant...just not putting up with the childish mindset of
    > certain people who feel that posting to this newsgroup should be a
    > last resort.
    >
    > >childish, and just let it go. Your further posts just justify all the

    negative
    > >comments people have been throwing your way. You are a troll now. Just

    give it up.
    > >Your credibility has gone to zero now. I'm not sure you could dig

    yourself a deeper
    > >hole than you are already in now, but you keep trying to.

    > Then there's no incentive for me to stop, is there?
    >
    > Josh

  3. Re: Will you PLEASE stop WHINING!

    On Fri, 23 Jul 2004 13:40:55 -0700, "Mandy Moore"
    wrote:

    >Josh,
    >It is become quite clear who is insecure.

    It certainly is...the people who have belittled me...such as yourself.
    A person secure with themselves would not need to add the commentary
    that you did below.

    >Let it go!

    At least heed your own advice and stop your whining.

    Josh

    >Take a deep breath and
    >find your happy place. If you have trouble finding it, use the FIND command.
    >And if you have trouble with that, try:
    >man find
    > -or even-
    >man find inner child
    >

    >"Josh Mckee" wrote in message
    >> > Will you PLEASE stop WHINING! Just drop the whole thing. You asked a
    >> > very stupid question. You obviously did NOT do your homework before
    >> > posting your question

    >> Obviously? I freely admit it.
    >>
    >> >and you're getting justifiable flack for it.

    >> There's nothing justified about it. This is a forum for asking such
    >> questions. Why is it justifiable to give me flack for doing so?
    >>
    >> >Just grow up.

    >> >Apologize for being wrong,

    >> Wrong about what?
    >>
    >> >arrogant,

    >> I'm not arrogant...just not putting up with the childish mindset of
    >> certain people who feel that posting to this newsgroup should be a
    >> last resort.
    >>
    >> >childish, and just let it go. Your further posts just justify all the

    >negative
    >> >comments people have been throwing your way. You are a troll now. Just

    >give it up.
    >> >Your credibility has gone to zero now. I'm not sure you could dig

    >yourself a deeper
    >> >hole than you are already in now, but you keep trying to.

    >> Then there's no incentive for me to stop, is there?
    >>
    >> Josh

  4. Re: Will you PLEASE stop WHINING!

    Josh Mckee wrote:

    > Then there's no incentive for me to stop, is there?
    >
    > Josh

    nope, go right on doing it!

  5. Re: Will you PLEASE stop WHINING!

    Josh Mckee wrote:

    > It certainly is...the people who have belittled me...such as yourself.
    > A person secure with themselves would not need to add the commentary
    > that you did below.

    Have a TUX and a smile Josh.

  6. Re: Will you PLEASE stop WHINING!

    You humorless too. Well, that officially makes you useless in my book.
    Goodbye teenager...

    "Josh Mckee" wrote in message
    > On Fri, 23 Jul 2004 13:40:55 -0700, "Mandy Moore"
    > wrote:
    >
    > >Josh,
    > >It is become quite clear who is insecure.

    > It certainly is...the people who have belittled me...such as yourself.
    > A person secure with themselves would not need to add the commentary
    > that you did below.
    >
    > >Let it go!

    > At least heed your own advice and stop your whining.
    >
    > Josh
    >
    > >Take a deep breath and
    > >find your happy place. If you have trouble finding it, use the FIND

    command.
    > >And if you have trouble with that, try:
    > >man find
    > > -or even-
    > >man find inner child
    > >

    > >"Josh Mckee" wrote in message

    > >> Obviously? I freely admit it.

    > >> There's nothing justified about it. This is a forum for asking such
    > >> questions. Why is it justifiable to give me flack for doing so?

    > >> Wrong about what?

    > >> I'm not arrogant...just not putting up with the childish mindset of
    > >> certain people who feel that posting to this newsgroup should be a
    > >> last resort.

    > >negative

    Just
    > >give it up.

    > >yourself a deeper
    > >>
    > >> Then there's no incentive for me to stop, is there?
    > >>
    > >> Josh

  7. Re: Will you PLEASE stop WHINING!

    On Fri, 23 Jul 2004 22:53:14 -0700, "Mandy Moore"
    wrote:

    >You humorless too.

    It wasn't meant to be humorless. All I've heard is a lot of whining
    out of people like you who claim that I'm wasting their time. They
    continue to whine that I should stop yet they keep responding.

    >Well, that officially makes you useless in my book.

    Let me see if I get this straight. You write a belittling message to
    me and then for some reason think that I'm going to care if you ever
    respond to me again?

    Josh

    >Goodbye teenager...
    >

    >"Josh Mckee" wrote in message
    >> On Fri, 23 Jul 2004 13:40:55 -0700, "Mandy Moore"
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >> >Josh,
    >> >It is become quite clear who is insecure.

    >> It certainly is...the people who have belittled me...such as yourself.
    >> A person secure with themselves would not need to add the commentary
    >> that you did below.
    >>
    >> >Let it go!

    >> At least heed your own advice and stop your whining.
    >>
    >> Josh
    >>
    >> >Take a deep breath and
    >> >find your happy place. If you have trouble finding it, use the FIND

    >command.
    >> >And if you have trouble with that, try:
    >> >man find
    >> > -or even-
    >> >man find inner child
    >> >

    >> >"Josh Mckee" wrote in message

    >> >negative

    >Just
    >> >give it up.
    >> >yourself a deeper

  8. Re: Will you PLEASE stop WHINING!

    Josh Mckee wrote:

    > There's nothing justified about it. This is a forum for asking such
    > questions. Why is it justifiable to give me flack for doing so?

    I beg to differ. This is a forum for asking questions that aren't
    answered by a simple reading of the man pages.

    Oh, and "where can I find documentation if I have no IRIX system"
    *is* a valid question, and hidden somewhere in this silly thread,
    you'll find the answer is that the most recent
    man pages live at techpus.sgi.com.

    --
    Alexis Cousein Senior Systems Engineer
    alexis@sgi.com SGI/Silicon Graphics Brussels

    If I have seen further, it is by standing on reference manuals.

  9. Re: Will you PLEASE stop WHINING!

    Alexis Cousein wrote:
    > Oh, and "where can I find documentation if I have no IRIX system"
    > *is* a valid question, and hidden somewhere in this silly thread,
    > you'll find the answer is that the most recent
    > man pages live at techpus.sgi.com.

    I went to techpus.sgi.com the other day, and it wasn't pretty. In fact
    I think they've taken it down, so now people will only have access to
    techpubs.sgi.com.

    I don't know what marketing were thinking of when they had techpus
    created -- I reckon it was even worse than the ol' techpubes.sgi.com!

    Ivan
    --
    Ivan Rayner
    ivanr@sgi.com

  10. Re: Will you PLEASE stop WHINING!

    man pages live at techpubs.sgi.com.

    --
    Alexis Cousein Senior Systems Engineer
    alexis@sgi.com SGI/Silicon Graphics Brussels

    If I have seen further, it is by standing on reference manuals.

  11. Re: Will you PLEASE stop WHINING!

    Ivan Rayner wrote:
    > I don't know what marketing were thinking of when they had techpus
    > created -- I reckon it was even worse than the ol' techpubes.sgi.com!

    I know, though I think they should have kept techpuns.sgi.com going -
    that site was hysterical.

    Hey guys, I never knew this group was so much fun. 8) Thanks Josh!
    Er, no, not that Josh, a different one...

    Ian.

+ Reply to Thread