s solaris version of nekochan.net? - SGI

This is a discussion on s solaris version of nekochan.net? - SGI ; Folks, I've found that I love using nekochan.net for resources and downloads... but I'm trying to compile mozilla (via the source code of v1.7.1 gotten from mozilla.com) on a solaris 2.8 box. I keep thinking, is there a place for ...

  1. s solaris version of nekochan.net?

    Folks,

    I've found that I love using nekochan.net for resources and downloads...
    but I'm trying to compile mozilla (via the source code of v1.7.1 gotten
    from mozilla.com) on a solaris 2.8 box.

    I keep thinking, is there a place for sun software like nekochan.net
    *other* than sunfreeware.com?

    Thanks!

    -chris

    --
    Chris Jones
    (to email me, just take out the NOSPAM)

    Under US Code Title 47, Sec.227(b)(1)(C), Sec.227(a)(2)(B)
    This email address may not be added to any commercial mail list with out
    my permission. Violation of my privacy with advertising or SPAM will
    result in a suit for a MINIMUM of $500 damages/incident, $1500 for repeats.

  2. Re: s solaris version of nekochan.net?

    > I've found that I love using nekochan.net for resources and downloads...
    > but I'm trying to compile mozilla (via the source code of v1.7.1 gotten
    > from mozilla.com) on a solaris 2.8 box.
    >
    > I keep thinking, is there a place for sun software like nekochan.net
    > *other* than sunfreeware.com?

    Yes, of course. http://blastwave.org/
    Inspired by the Debian's `apt-get` (`pkg-get`) and running pretty new stuph.
    Solaris8 and onward are supported. Packaging is much better than
    sunfreeware's, almost as good as IRIX dists!

    But, wouldn't this have been a better question to ask on one of Solaris
    newsgroups?

  3. Re: s solaris version of nekochan.net?

    UNIX admin wrote:
    >>I've found that I love using nekochan.net for resources and downloads...
    >>but I'm trying to compile mozilla (via the source code of v1.7.1 gotten
    >>from mozilla.com) on a solaris 2.8 box.
    >>
    >>I keep thinking, is there a place for sun software like nekochan.net
    >>*other* than sunfreeware.com?

    > Yes, of course. http://blastwave.org/
    > Inspired by the Debian's `apt-get` (`pkg-get`) and running pretty new stuph.
    > Solaris8 and onward are supported. Packaging is much better than
    > sunfreeware's, almost as good as IRIX dists!
    >
    > But, wouldn't this have been a better question to ask on one of Solaris
    > newsgroups?

    Ha ha... I did. I put in a post to both groups at the same time and
    that is one of the web pages that I was pointed to. Definitely not a
    bad site. I got more resources now...

    Thanks for chiming in!

    -chris

    --
    Chris Jones
    (to email me, just take out the NOSPAM)

    Under US Code Title 47, Sec.227(b)(1)(C), Sec.227(a)(2)(B)
    This email address may not be added to any commercial mail list with out
    my permission. Violation of my privacy with advertising or SPAM will
    result in a suit for a MINIMUM of $500 damages/incident, $1500 for repeats.

  4. Re: s solaris version of nekochan.net?

    Chris Jones wrote:

    > Folks,
    >
    > I've found that I love using nekochan.net for resources and downloads...
    > but I'm trying to compile mozilla (via the source code of v1.7.1 gotten
    > from mozilla.com) on a solaris 2.8 box.
    >
    > I keep thinking, is there a place for sun software like nekochan.net
    > *other* than sunfreeware.com?

    No precompiled binaries there, but definitely check out www.sunhelp.org,
    run by my good buddy, Bill Bradford. Nice guy, great Sun resources.

    --
    gd.

+ Reply to Thread