Problems with Samba on Irix 6.5 - SGI

This is a discussion on Problems with Samba on Irix 6.5 - SGI ; Hi, I have a problem with samba. I have already installed samba 2.2.8a.2, and i configurated the samba and shares bellow is attached my smb.conf. I can not open the swap since my SGI workstation only from my pc. I ...

  1. Problems with Samba on Irix 6.5

    Hi,

    I have a problem with samba. I have already installed samba 2.2.8a.2,
    and i configurated the samba and shares bellow is attached my
    smb.conf. I can not open the swap since my SGI workstation only from
    my pc. I have tried to see the shares from my explorer in Windows XP,
    but i can not see the shares.

    can some body help me to fix the configuration?

    # Global parameters
    [global]
    workgroup = CATIA
    netbios name = CATIA
    security = SHARE
    map to guest = Bad User
    passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
    passwd chat = *ew*password:* %n\n *e-enter*new*password:* %n\n
    log level = 2
    socket options = TCP_NODELAY IPTOS_LOWDELAY
    wins support = Yes
    # hosts allow = *

    [tmp]
    comment = Temporary file space
    path = /usr/tmp
    read only = No
    guest ok = Yes

    [matrix]
    comment = Matrix one applications Directoy
    path = /MODELS/matrix
    read only = No

    [test]
    comment = Esto es una prueba
    path = /DATA/users
    read only = No

    Thanks

  2. Re: Problems with Samba on Irix 6.5

    "Alan Ramirez" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    news:792db44.0407211445.22054eb5@posting.google.co m...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a problem with samba. I have already installed samba 2.2.8a.2,
    > and i configurated the samba and shares bellow is attached my
    > smb.conf. I can not open the swap since my SGI workstation only from
    > my pc. I have tried to see the shares from my explorer in Windows XP,
    > but i can not see the shares.
    >
    > can some body help me to fix the configuration?
    >
    > # Global parameters
    > [global]
    > workgroup = CATIA
    > netbios name = CATIA
    > security = SHARE
    > map to guest = Bad User
    > passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
    > passwd chat = *ew*password:* %n\n *e-enter*new*password:* %n\n
    > log level = 2
    > socket options = TCP_NODELAY IPTOS_LOWDELAY
    > wins support = Yes
    > # hosts allow = *

    [global]
    workgroup = CATIA
    hosts allow = 10. 127.
    logfile = /var/adm/smb.conf.%m
    max log size = 100
    security = share
    map to guest = bad user
    include = /var/adm/samba.log.%m
    socket options = TCP_NODELAY
    dns proxy = no
    hide dot files = no

    > [tmp]
    > comment = Temporary file space
    > path = /usr/tmp
    > read only = No
    > guest ok = Yes

    [tmp]
    comment = Temporary file space
    path = /tmp
    read only = no
    public = yes

    > [matrix]
    > comment = Matrix one applications Directoy
    > path = /MODELS/matrix
    > read only = No

    [matrix]
    comment = Matrix one applications directory
    path = /MODELS/matrix
    ; public = yes
    ; browseable = yes
    writable = yes
    write list = @staff

    Please note that for "@staff" to work, an entry labeled "staff" must be
    present in your /etc/group, and your users must belong to this group.

    Finally:

    /etc/init.d/samba stop && /etc/init.d/samba start; ps -ef | grep -i nbmd |
    grep -v grep; ps -ef | grep -i smbd | grep -v grep

+ Reply to Thread