How secure is the webserver in 6.5.20? - SGI

This is a discussion on How secure is the webserver in 6.5.20? - SGI ; I'm considering taking my outsourced web services in-house. This is for my personal domain, so the number of pages is quite small. I'm running IRIX 6.5.20f, patched to current with the free security patches. Is the "stock" webserver in 6.5.20f ...

  1. How secure is the webserver in 6.5.20?

    I'm considering taking my outsourced web services in-house. This is
    for my personal domain, so the number of pages is quite small. I'm
    running IRIX 6.5.20f, patched to current with the free security
    patches.

    Is the "stock" webserver in 6.5.20f secure enough that I can expose it
    to the world? Are there any known "issues?"

    Thanks.

    -Shel

  2. Re: How secure is the webserver in 6.5.20?

    In article ,
    Sheldon T. Hall wrote:
    :I'm considering taking my outsourced web services in-house. This is
    :for my personal domain, so the number of pages is quite small. I'm
    :running IRIX 6.5.20f, patched to current with the free security
    atches.

    :Is the "stock" webserver in 6.5.20f secure enough that I can expose it
    :to the world?

    No.

    : Are there any known "issues?"

    At least load the Apache2 from the freeware distribution. (Though
    that has some issues sometimes with processes dying.) Better yet would
    be to grab the latest Apache or Apache2 sources and build it yourself.
    --
    The image data is transmitted back to Earth at the speed of light
    and usually at 12 bits per pixel.

+ Reply to Thread